This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Birmingham chapter.

With the summer sun now well and truly hidden, we’re back to putting away the short shorts and crop tops and digging out the woolly jumpers and boots for the chilly weather outside. But who says winter can’t be equally as fun to dress up for? More layers means more accessories to choose from and more clothes! 

Bridget Jones and Mark Darcy may make Christmas jumpers look very uncool but they really aren’t. The shops are always packed with ranges of different designs, colours and patterns. Woolly sweaters look great all season and are so easy to work an outfit with. 

Fun printed leggings always seem to appear around this season and who doesn’t love to wear them? Team them with a plain knitted jumper, a pair of boots and your winter outfit will be complete. They’re also perfect for those days when you just can’t be bothered to accessorise as they basically do it for you! 

Scarves are a must have winter accessory. Whether you want something plain, patterned or textured there are always so many to choose from.  Chunky knit scarves are perfect for the cold weather, making sure you stay cosy as well as looking cute or even pair your outfit with a thinner scarf with a winter print. The perfect accessory that keeps you warm!

FUR! Who doesn’t love to accessorise with a bit of fur? (I’m talking faux fur of course) A lining of fur on anything takes your outfit from being just casual to chic. Fur lined coats, gloves, hats, boots or even a fur scarf will look good with practically anything you’re going to wear. Whether you just want it for a casual day look or use it to glam up an evening outfit, it will look great. Just make sure you don’t overdo it…