3 reasons to indulge in the hat trend this A/W!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Birmingham chapter.

Instead of worrying about finding matching gloves this winter, why not keep up with the current hat trend dominating our high street shops! Just below I have got you three crucial motives to have an excuse to splurge this autumn/winter 2013!

1) ‘Oh a hat won’t suit me…my hair is too short…my face is too round…it won’t go with my statement winter items!’ Zzzz…

Browsing in store and online this season I can see so much variation we should all take advantage, as there will absolutely be something to suit your style and personality. Ranging from the standard bobble and beanie to the glamorous floppy and sophisticated fedora to the cute pork pie hats! There is something to suit us all girls!

2) Students are not notorious for being particularly practical minded…however we are meant to be ‘smart’.

Statistics propose that up to 45% of the body’s heat is lost through the head!  So be sensible this season girls and think of that heating bill in your student house that you would do anything to reduce!

3) As girls, we all take pride (all at least attempt to) in our hair, so…hats are the ideal cover up, maintenance and shielding tool!

Local hairdresser in Selly cut your fringe to short?  Hide it! Struggling to afford the upkeep of your roots this semester? Cover it! Wild night out + a 9am lecture = no time to style your hair in the morning? Pretend it never happened and be stylish!

Rock this trend girls! Embrace this winter fashion statement, you will only regret it!