What I am Thankful For This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

With all of the bad happening in the world we forget to think about the good. Lately, I have been so blinded that I have decided to take this time to think about the things in life that I am thankful more, because there is so much.

My Friends

“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” – William Shakespeare

I really do not know where I’d be without all of you. I have learned something new from each and everyone of you and I am proud to call you my friends. If I do not say it enough, thank you for being the shoulders to cry on, the ones who make me laugh the hardest and the who I am most comfortable dancing my ass off with. Most importantly, thank you for accepting me for who I am.

Family

“Family is not an important thing, it’s everything.” —Michael J. Fox

The people who have been there for me from the beginning, through thick and thin. When all may seem to be lost, family is constant. Thank you for making me a better person. To my parents, thank you for being the most amazing, kind, hardworking and inspiring people I will ever know. To my brothers, thank you for being my rocks, and even if I do not say it often enough, I love you both so much.

Passion, Confidence, and Kindness

“The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence”  -Blake Lively

Two of which I have worked my entire life for and feel as though I am almost right there, one of which I feel I completely embody but that is because of the kindness that I surround myself with. Learning to love myself and strive to achieve my goals has made me see the world in such a new light. We are all unique and beautiful and what we choose to do, who we choose to be is all that matters as long as it makes us happy. And as long as we are kind to others, everything will fall into place.

Opportunity

“So don’t be afraid to make mistakes, to stumble, to fall, cause most of the time the greatest rewards come from doing the things that scare you the most. Maybe you’ll get everything you wish for…Maybe you’ll get more than you ever could have imagine. Who knows where life will take you. The road is long and in the end…the journey is the destination.”

-Coach Whitey Durham, One Tree Hill

We are lucky enough to live in a world full of opportunities and I know I do not always appreciate them. Maybe its because I’m scared that I will fail, or maybe its because of some unknown reason but if there is one thing life has taught me is that life is about making mistakes. It’s about taking advantage of every opportunity you are granted and accepting that failure may be a part of your journey. All we can do is stand strong, and one day, I guarantee, you’ll get what you wished for.

Now I have a challenge for you as Thanksgiving approaches. Take time to think about what you are thankful for. Hug your family and friends, be passionate, be confident, be kind and seize the day because only good can come from it.

Molly Heller

Binghamton '20

Molly Abigail Heller is a Junior at Binghamton University planning to pursue a major in theater with a concentration in tech and marketing. Her biggest passions are musical theater, social media, writing and making people smile and her dream is to one day work somewhere that allows her to pursue all of those. You can usually find her hanging with her friends in and out of her sorority (Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi), listening to music, at the gym or obsessing over something Bachelor Nation related. "Passionately smashing every expectation".
Binghamton Contributor