Sarah Saad- Stylish, Sincere and Smiling!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.
Sarah Saad is a junior at Binghamton University studying Human Development and Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies, and is probably busier than President Obama himself. She is not only my friend and sorority sister, but also my inspiration to constantly challenge yourself, exhibit compassion, and extend kindness to everyone :)

1. What are you involved with on campus?
I’ve been fortunate enough to make time for a diverse group of activities. I am currently the Social Media consultant of the Emerging Leaders Program as well as a 20:1 Sexual Assault Prevention Intern. Along with those two, I am a Opinion columnist for Pipe Dream, a member of Hillel’s Committee for Social Justice, and a Resident Assistant for Johnson Hall as well as a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. 

2. Describe your sense of style in three words.

Preppy-chique, with a hint of “grunge” 

3. You can change your name to anything. What would it be and why?

Probably “Happy” because people think my last name is pronounced “Sad” so there’s a chance I’ll make people laugh. 

4. Favorite quality about yourself?

I like to think that I am very personable individual. I think it’s really important to ensure that the people you are surrounded by are always comfortable, and that you are trying to develop as strong of a relationship as possible whether you’re trying to make them laugh, or getting to know their back story. 

5. Celebrity crush: who is it and what’d you say to them when you’re getting an autograph?

Jimmy Fallon, because he’s guaranteed to make you laugh and I would ask him to have  a lip-sync battle (also: if you have not seen his celebrity lip-sync battles you have had a terrible life).

6. Guilty pleasure:

Netflix and Chill. Just kidding…
Definitely, Karaoke  or Just Dance YouTube videos (Try it out- it will be the happiest and most affordable Saturday night of your life)

7. Your best friend and something that the world needs to know about her/him:

I’m afraid to choose one because all of my best friends are the most inspiring, but, I’ll give a shout-out to ONE of my friends Lydia Dubois. She is currently working for City Year down in Baton Rouge, Louisiana and her bravery, intelligence and humor is incredibly inspiring. 

8. The emoji that annoys you the most:

EASY. The really creepy Winky face with the tongue out. I feel like I am being harassed whenever it is sent.

9. Ten years from now, you see yourself (fill in the blank)?

Back home in the City hopefully working as an Event Planner for a non-profit that works closely with adolescent girls, and then going out for brunch on Sundays. 

10. Makeup/beauty product you can’t pass by in an aisle without purchasing?

Devachan light hair gel.
While my pockets would be heavier, I’m afraid to see what my hair would look like without it. 

20-year-old pre law student, Drake obsessed, in a relationship with Chipotle guacamole, sincere yet sassy feminist.
Binghamton Contributor