The One and Only: SARAH Y SAAD

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Sarah Saad is a senior here at Binghamton University studying Human Development and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. You may know her from one of the many clubs that she is involved in, are fortunate enough to be her friend or you may just recognize her as the girl with the awesome hair who is always running through the marketplace to go somewhere! Either way, it seems that everyone on campus knows Sarah Saad. Her contagious smile and infectious laugh brightens the day of all who sees her. If there is any true campus celebrity here at Binghamton Univerity it is without a doubt, this girl.

Name: Sarah Saad

Hometown: NYC

Major: Human Development and Women, Gender, and Sexuality Studies. 

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m fortunately involved in many things! I am an RA for Dickinson community, an intern for 20:1 Bystander Prevention, writer for Pipe Dream’s opinion section, as well as on the executive board of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi as their Member at Large, along with their Recruitment chair.

Why are you so involved?

Even in High School, I have always been an involved person, and once I got to college I knew that one of the main things I wanted to do was take advantage of as much as possible. I find that getting involved on campus has helped me meet such a diverse group of people that I would have maybe not met before, and it has taught things about myself that I may not have learned beforehand. 

What’s your dream job?

Honestly, the dream job is to be Amy Poehler’s assistant. But after that is probably to be a social worker in a special education school. 

How would you describe yourself in 3 words?:

Awkward [in a mildly] funny way. 

Celebrity Crush:

Harvey Steinger (I hope you’re reading this)! 

If you could have any super power what would it be?:

This question highly stresses me out. Probably to transport food to me wherever I am.  

Why did you choose to go to Binghamton University?:

I’m attracted to the word “premier”. I also really just fell in love with the vibes once I came to visit and knew I could see myself adjusting well. 

Life Moto:

“Life’s what you make it so let’s make it right” – Hannah Montana

If your friends were to describe you in one word, what would that word be? And why?

“Oblivious” because I can’t think of an answer to this question.  

Cats or Dogs?

Dogs, but like also elephants. 

Where do you see yourself doing in 10 years?: 

Either like struggling to pay my bills or eating caviar off a $100 bill. 

Or hopefully practicing social work in an environment that benefits the community and provides be with the ability to develop personal relationships with my clients (meaning the first one). 

Michelle is a Junior studying English Rhetoric at Binghamton University. Besides writing for Her Campus, Michelle is the Treasurer for her sorority (Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi) as well as a member of the Binghamton University Marketing Association. She wants to travel around the world one day and hopes to be a future first grade teacher.
Binghamton Contributor