This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

New York Fashion Week, also known as my favorite time of the year, officially ended on February 16th. Although I couldn’t be there, I had an amazing time seeing some of my favorite designers’ works, including Nicole Miller, Brandom Maxwell and Tanya Taylor online. We saw some great looks on the runway this year, and I can’t wait to see them out in the real world in the next few months. While many of these looks gave off fall vibes, many spring looks are coming our way. Here are some of my favorite trends from the shows. 

Back in Brown

If you thought the brown pants were just a fall 2021 thing, I’m happy to tell you that you are wrong. According to the presenting designers, chocolate brown and cocoa shades are going to carry us through the fall 2022 season. I can’t wait to wear brown skirts, bodysuits and blazers next semester.

Corsets, Corsets, Corsets

If you have the legendary Urban Outfitters corset top, don’t donate it just yet. This undergarment-style top is making another trip around the sun with us this year. I can’t wait to see all the different styles and colors designers come up with downtown this spring. Don’t just limit it to a going-out top though! Designers showcased them under blazers, as a part of long ballgowns and Dion Lee even added some fur to one of their bustiers. 

Hot Pink

Sharpay Evans and Elle Woods would be grateful to know that their legendary color is back in style. Many designers incorporated pink into their looks, in everything from dresses fur coats to sweaters and shoes. Don’t be shocked if you see me showing up to class in Mean Girls-style pink skirts once the weather warms up.

Tweed is Definitely for Me

Tweed outfits were the star of the Kim Shui collection this year, and probably my closet this fall as well. Tweed skirts, corset tops and even pants were truly masterpieces on the runway and will look amazing on everyone. Don’t be afraid to branch out when it comes to colors, my shopping cart features a purple tweed matching set. 

Overall, this NYFW was one for the ages. I loved all the styles and saw some amazing pieces that I would love to incorporate into my style. Don’t be afraid to try some of the new trends from the shows! You are all going to look amazing!

Nicolette is a Junior at Binghamton University, with a major in Psychology and a minor in Global Studies. Other than serving as Editor In Chief for Her Campus at Binghamton, she is an opinions writer for Pipe Dream student newspaper, Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Service for the Panhellenic Council, and is very active in her sorority. After graduation, Nicolette hopes to pursue a master's degree in Journalism.