This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

As the Spring Semester comes to a close, summer vacation is nearly upon us. I have a jam-packed summer coming up, and I’m going to share some fun and exciting things I have planned that aren’t working or internship-related. Since this is my last summer before I graduate college, I want to make it count, so here is my summer Bucket List, filled with things I’ve already done or plan on doing these next few months.

Go on a Road Trip

To keep my summer exciting, something I enjoy doing is taking spontaneous road trips. It’s an easy way to escape from your environment and see new places quickly. What’s great about road trips is that you can make them as long or as short as you want! Last summer, I took a road trip to reconnect with some old friends, and it was well worth the drive. I have some fun trips planned for this summer, including the aquarium and Lake George. So book that AirBnB, grab some friends, hop in the car, and just go.

Go to Brunch

They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. But I believe brunch is the most important, and it’s also my personal favorite. I’m a massive fan of breakfast foods such as breakfast burgers and waffles, and I will never say no to bottomless mimosas. New York City has a bunch of delicious restaurants, serving food from classic French breakfasts to loaded breakfast nachos, and there might even be a mimosa tower you can order. Plus, it’s a great way to support small businesses and try new restaurants. Use this as an opportunity to put on a cute outfit and turn a normal day into a fun, boozy day with friends.

Go to a Concert

As COVID restrictions are slowly lifting, many musicians are going on tour for the first time since the pandemic started. Now is the time to see your favorite singers retake the stage! Look on Ticketmaster to find out if any of your favorite bands are going on tour, and buy that ticket. I promise you won’t regret it! This summer, I’m seeing 5 Seconds of Summer and Pitbull in concert, and I am beyond excited to finally experience a summer concert under the stars for the first time in a while.  If big shows are too pricey for you, try finding some free performances in nearby parks or beaches. This is a great way to support local artists and save some money, plus you might even discover new music.

Go to a Baseball Game

With summer quickly approaching, baseball season is in full swing. While I’m not a huge fan of baseball, I enjoy having a hot dog and a beer or two at a game. I live very close to a few ballparks, so I hope to see a game this summer and maybe catch a ball while I’m there. Grab some friends or family, enjoy the tailgate, and eat all the hot dogs you possibly can. I hope to hear you in the stands during the 7th inning stretch screaming “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.”

Go to the Beach

Being from Long Island, I love a good beach day. The waves crashing against the shore and the sand beneath my feet never gets old. Since I live close to the beach, it’s a place I frequent when the weather’s nice. Being outside gets you the Vitamin D you need, plus you can get a nice tan. Make sure to apply sunscreen frequently, so you don’t get sunburnt, and stay hydrated to avoid heatstroke or heat exhaustion. But most importantly, make sure to have fun in the sun and finish off the day with some ice cream from an ice cream truck.

Explore Your Hometown

I’m always down for an adventure, whether it be to the ice cream shop down the block or a lake that’s a couple of hours away. I’ve lived in New York my entire life, and there are still a lot of places I have yet to see and visit. So for this summer, I’ve compiled a list of places I want to go to in New York, including the Montauk Lighthouse, Jamesport Vineyards, Ithaca Falls, and the Statue of Liberty to name a few. I would highly suggest going to New York City without a plan in mind- you’ll always find something to do there, whether it be an incredible museum or art exhibit, a cutesy rooftop bar, or a nice park to sit down and people watch. I did this last summer with my friends! We started with getting brunch, and then we just roamed around the city looking for something that piqued our interest. We didn’t do anything too crazy, but the quality time spent with them was worth it. I hope to see you exploring and trying new things in your city!

Summer does fly by quickly, so it’s essential to make it count before it slips away. Don’t forget to take pictures to capture all the memories you’ve made and the cool places you’ve visited. I hope that my summer Bucket List inspires you to get out and try something new, so you can avoid having a dull, uneventful summer.

Savannah Holmes

Binghamton '23

Savannah is a rising senior at Binghamton University, double majoring in Biology and French and Francophone Studies. Aside from being the Marketing and PR Director for Her Campus at Binghamton, she is a digital content creator for the Pipe Dream student newspaper and is very active in her sorority. When she's not working, Savannah enjoys baking and cooking, going to concerts, reading, and scrolling through TikTok. After graduation, Savannah hopes to pursue a Master's Degree in Public Relations.