mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
mario calvo S mEIfXRzIk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

My Favorite Memory This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

So this is it, my senior year. I’m definitely getting those last minute, make-the-most-of-it feelings, so my semester has been packed with some truly great memories. For my “favorite memory” post, I decided to dedicate it to two special ladies that have helped make this my best year yet.

Funnily enough, I met Sarah and Hillary during my freshman year on separate accounts. Sarah and I lived in the same building and were enrolled in a program together; Hillary and I both joined the BU Glee Club in its infancy (pre-charter!). Back then, we were essentially classmates, club members, acquaintances- familiar faces that happened to do a lot of the same things (Sarah wound up joining Glee that Spring).

Fast forward 2 years. Sarah told me she was looking for a roommate to move off campus with her for senior year. Most people we knew had already moved off during junior year, so this was refreshing news to hear I did not have to fall back on living with all boys (yuck!) or worse, strangers. We decided that Twin River Commons was the apartment for us. Luckily, someone from the Glee Club was working at TRC – Hillary! The three of us met a few times to discuss the rental process, tours, and other concerns. Hillary had mentioned we may be able to live near her apartment, which was also really nice to hear. A few months later, we were thrilled to hear we would be living across the hall from each other. So exciting!

This semester, we began to spend a lot more time together, and I could not have asked for better company. We are all so different and so similar at the same time. Without their constant support, antics, challenges, jokes, and love, I would not have made it through the past few months. Whether we’re at a concert in the undergrounds, a arpty downtown, or smushed on the couch watching South Park or Bob’s Burgers, it’s never a dull moment. I can now thank Binghamton for setting me up with these crazy ladies.

Binghamton Contributor