Make Your Nails Pop with These Great Fall Colors!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

One of the best things about the changing of seasons is the changing of beauty trends. One of our favorite parts of beauty cannot be ignored: nails! Images of the cooler weather and foliage have inspired this season’s swatches. Now that we are all pretty much settled back at school, the leaves are crunching under our boots and the cool winds have us bundled up in scarves. There is definitely something about

the cold weather brings in those dark colors. So, which trends are also generating all the buzz this fall? Here is the breakdown of all the looks that are fall fashion friendly for your fingers with our suggested

Glamour – Deepen up your digits. Dark shades of red-browns and plums are all the rage this fall. Try deep hues like oxblood, bordeaux, or burgundy for this vampy and glamorous look. Try an oxblood like NARS – Galion (pictured), a dark blood red, or Essie – Bordeaux, a vibrant deep wine.

Classic – Sometimes it’s not so bad to be caught red-handed. Like the beautiful leaves on the trees, red is always a safe bet for fall (or pretty much all year round). Don’t count on this cult classic going out of style! Try OPI – All Lacquered Up, a crème red or Essie – Russian Red, a fire engine red.

Natural – Go minimal and get naked this fall. Nudes and neutrals are the best secret for perfectly polished piggies; they make your fingers look longer, and it’s not the end of the world when your polish starts chipping. Try topping the look with some shimmer coat or glitter to give the look some flavor. Try Essie – Sand Tropez (pictured), or Revlon – Sheer Nude, a sheer muted pink.

Girly – Copper toned chromes and rose gold have been popping up everywhere recently. This super girly look adds to any look by adding glitz and glam to complement your beautiful bracelet stacks. Try Orly – Rage, a rose gold micro-glitter (pictured), or Essie – Penny Talk, a copper chrome.

Edgy – Get dark with deep blues, navy’s and deep jewel tones to achieve a rocker look this season. Navy and dark cerulean colors like this RGB polish in Cobalt (pictured) will compliment all the neutral fashions of the cooler weather. Or else try out NARS – Deep Sea, it’s a deep emerald with a blue undertone. Jewel tones like variations of emerald and amethyst will satisfy your dark side while keeping it colorful.

Trendy – The newest trend for fall is camo. Think variations of mossy greens! Fall is hunting season, and in reality its all war paint, ladies! Don’t be afraid to explore unique new colors. Try China Glaze – Elephant Walk (pictured), a muted moss with shimmer, or Zoya – Evvie a beautiful forest green.

Are you going to try out any of our polish suggestions? Let us know which color is your favorite!