How To: Transition Your Wardrobe From Winter To Spring

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

It’s March, which means it’s the awkward month between seasons. We’ve all just set the clocks forward one hour, and it’s getting darker so much later which is amazing! Spring is in the air and we’re crossing our fingers that it’s going to come soon and stay for good. Sometimes it can be tricky to dress in between seasons, so here are some ways to dress in March stylishly and functionally!

-Layers

Let’s be real: it was fice degrees in Binghamton yesterday. This is the time of year when the weather is unpredictable. In order to be prepared, it is essential to wear layers! Denim jackets and vests go with just about everything and add some extra warmth and trendiness. Throw them on over your lightweight shirts and you can shed them later in the day if it warms up!

-Light jackets

I love my North Face fleece for this time of year. It’s made of fleece so it’s pretty warm, but not as puffy or bulky as my long parka that I wear during the freezing cold Binghamton winters. It’s great for the winter/spring time of year.

-Cropped pants

I have a feeling that capris will be so in this spring! Once it warms up a little bit more, like in April, cropped pants are a great way to go. They are preppy, yet cute and stylish and they match everything! You can get colored ones or go with the classic denim.

-Dresses with tights and boots

Every college girl is dying to wear that new sundress she bought for spring, and you can! Just make sure it’s a fairly warm day outside, and pair it with a jacket along with tights and combat boots so you won’t get too chilly. Happy almost spring collegiettes, it’s right around the corner!!!

Rachel is from northern New Jersey and is currently a junior at Binghamton University in New York. She is majoring in Psychology with a minor in Education. She has always been interested in fashion, and she loves to write. She was first a news writer and then the Arts and Entertainment editor for her award-winning high school newspaper, The Highland Fling. She now is a contributing news writer to BU's paper, Pipe Dream. She is thrilled to be a new member of the Her Campus team!
Binghamton Contributor