How I Plan To Spend My Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Halloween: The one weekend of the year where college students pretend they don’t already spend every weekend dressing up in costumes for themed parties and the one day where you have an excuse to eat your body weight in Reese’s cups. I know I’m not alone when I say that I find Halloween to be completely overrated. So, what are my plans for when Saturday, October 31st rolls around? 

Netflix:

I’m not a fan of Halloween movies, but if I’m going to have to bring out my basic side for one day, I’m gonna have to go all out and watch a Halloween-themed movie on Netflix, right? Of course, M&M’s will be in hand because what other day of the year is it excusable to watch Netlfix and binge on M&M’s? 

Candy Drinks:

As a 21-year-old/senior in college, I’ve had my fair share of Halloween pre-games and parties that included BYOB and watered down punch. This year it’s time to celebrate and I’d like to thank my best friend for giving me a “Candy Shots” book as part of my 21st birthday present this past summer because that will definitely come in handy on Halloween. What better way to celebrate being of legal drinking age and Halloween than to make candy drinks?

Pictures:

This past summer, my friends and I decided that for Halloween we were going to dress up as the seven deadly sins. Fast forward three months and our plan is still in full effect. I’ve assumed the role of “Greed” which means that I can now finally put to use all of the “bling” necklaces I got from bar and bat mitzvahs back in middle school and still decided to keep. Of course, the best part will be the pictures. 

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!
Binghamton Contributor