This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Ok so for this Product Review let me just start out by saying Her Campus Products are one of my favorite things to get every semester. Each time there is a delivery with a giant package from her campus filled with the newest fun products it’s like Christmas (or Hannukah if you’re Jewish like me ;) in the middle of the semester! Not only are the products cute and fun, some can be quite useful for a broke college student like me! It’s fair to say most of us are on an incredibly tight budget in college so finding and trying out beauty products can not only be time consuming, but can be budget breaking as well. Since I got to try these cool new products, I decided to review some of them of them for you to make your life easier and spare you the hassle of seeing if they work yourself. Say thank you because while for the most part it was great, I did find myself with a beauty disaster along the way..

1. TIGI Bed Head Superstar Queen for A Day Thickening Spray

This Volumizing spray was one of the first products I tried and I have to say, I absolutely love it. I have very fine hair and often times it falls limp and flat on the top. My hair and I are in a constant struggle for volume and fullness and this spray did a perfect job giving my hair the extra boost it needed at the roots to make it look thicker and fuller. This product works well for wearing my hair down naturally but I found it works very well adding volume to updos as well. I didn’t give a full 5 stars because I feel it may have made my hair slightly greasier prematurely (and not the biggest fan of the smell), but overall a great buy for people with thick hair looking for that movie star fullness!

The best price I found for this product is at Walmart for $10.93

2. Bed Head Get Twisted Anti-Frizz Finishing Spray

This product is great for people with a natural wave or curl to their hair. I find my curls get flat, especially on days I don’t wash my hair and this spray helps to lock them in while keeping the frizz down. I found it most useful on damp hair and even on no wash days, would wet my hair a bit before spraying it on for the best results. The product has a fresh, clean smell that I love too! The ⅘ stars is for the crunchiness that sometimes is a result of the spray but if you do a good job distributing it, there shouldn’t be much of a problem! The product sells for $13.14 on Ebay.

3. Almay Shadow Squad Eyeshadow

I absolutely LOVE this product and for only $4.99 at Target you can’t beat the price! These cute palettes come in an assortment of colors but each palette has the perfect array of colors that you can mix and match to layer your shadow giving an ombre professional look with a glimmery finish if you choose to. I have used the coppery palette and though it appears a bit more orangey than it looks (upper right) I find it works wonders to bring out my blue eyes. No matter what color eyes you have you can find a palette to bring out their spark and the shadow lasts all day long! Definitely a must buy.

4. L’Oreal Paris Sublime Bronze Self- Tanning Towelettes

And this is where disaster struck!!! The cheapest I found these for were for $7.09 at Target, but as far as I’m concerned, even this is too much. I usually steer clear from products like this as I prefer a natural look and natural beauty techniques but despite my better judgement, curiosity got the better of me. I looked up proper technique to apply these towelettes ahead of time and after exfoliating my skin post shower I carefully applied a wipe in a circular motion like I researched. About two hours later I went to bed, not noticing much of a difference but when I woke up the next morning I looked like a streaky abstract painting. My entire body was covered in lines and random splatters of the self tanner and I had to wear long sleeves and pants for the next week and a half if I didn’t want anyone to notice. While I have to say the color was very natural on the parts of my body that did “tan”, overall this product proved to be more hassle than helpful.

5. Steripod Toothbrush Holder

These cute little toothbrush holder are awesome. They provide easy protection for your toothbrush whether you’re leaving it out in the bathroom overnight or travelling somewhere.  Active vapors inside the pod smell clean and keep your toothbrush fresh. You can use an individual steripod for up to three months before it’s recommended to get a new one. I’ve been using mine for about a month now and I feel much better knowing my toothbrush is protected and fresh everyday, even after leaving it in a shared college bathroom! A two pack sells for $5.44 at Walmart!

I hope all of this information helped. You can look to win some of these products for free in our next instagram by following the hercampus binghamton account. Happy Shopping!!

Lilah Shrier

Binghamton '21

Lilah is a senior at Binghamton University and is curently in the fast track program to receive her MBA. She is a big believer in living life to the fullest and loves to look at life with the glass half full. She believes any day can be a great day if you want it to be, it's all about your mindset! Her passions include teaching yoga, playing tennis, travelling, netflixing, and of course, her dog Shnookles. She hopes to bring joy and genuinity to your life with her articles about college's ups and downs.
Binghamton Contributor