HC Binghamton Style: Jumping Into Spring!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Ladies, it’s finally time to shed that bulky winter jacket and your probably-destroyed-from-the-winter Uggs.  The weather’s starting to change, and there are a few things that us Binghamton girls need in order to get ready for spring.  Believe it or not, you can do all of this without breaking the bank. Trust me, we’re all in the same boat i.e. broke.  Don’t worry though, all of these items can be found at stores to keep you within your budget…so let’s get going!

Sunglasses.  We all know that a pair of sunglasses can really make or break an outfit.  So find a pair that is versatile, yet really make a statement.  Macy’s has a wide selection of sunglasses, which are reasonably priced and still super stylish.

Cardigan.  For the days when it’s just too hot to wear a sweatshirt and too cool for simply a t-shirt, a cardigan is a great idea for those in-between kinds of Binghamton days.  H&M, as well as Forever 21 both have great selections of cardigans with prices starting at just $6.99.

Sundress.  Find a sundress that’s fun, flirty, and of course, comfortable.  A sundress can be worn to the blake (beach/lake!) with a pair of flip-flops, on a day when you’re out shopping paired with some comfy flats, or you can dress it up by wearing heels if you’re going out to dinner.  Try Victoria’s Secret if you’re feeling a little indulgent, or Forever 21 if you’re looking to save a little cash. 

Shoulder bag.  Every girl needs one of these to wear around campus, and fortunately, it’s nice and light! The shoulder bag is a great alternative to the clutch and ideal for going DT, especially if you’re wearing a skirt.  It’s also a place where you can put your essentials and there’s virtually no way you can lose it!  Definitely look in Macy’s for the best selection with brands from Nine West to Coach.

Shoes. If you’ve just rolled out of bed and are pressed for time, which probably happens more often than not, all you really need is something cute on your feet.  Whether you decide on some strappy sandals, a classy pair of oxfords, or floral flats, go all out—even though you might just be on campus (minor detail).  Check out Forever 21’s selection of shoes. They’re just right for any occasion and totally affordable, or Journeys, which is a tad more expensive.

Unfortunately since we don’t have a Forever 21 in the Oakdale Mall, their website is the only option.  Unless you’re feeling a road trip, then by all means, their closest store is in Syracuse.  Some good things about ordering from Forever 21’s website worth noting are that it of course saves you the hassle of going to the store and waiting on those ridiculous lines. You are also able to return items for a full refund as long as the tags are still on.  In stores, you can only exchange items or receive a store credit.

These classic spring trends never go out of style, so have fun with them!  Mix and match, try new things, wear what makes you feel comfortable and most importantly, show everyone the real you.  Good luck ladies and happy shopping!

*Photos courtesy of Google Images*

Lauren Howley is a junior at Binghamton University pursuing a double degreen in English/rhetoric and Marketing. Originally from Staten Island, New York, Lauren thinks that New York City is the most beautiful place in the world and hopes to one day live and work there. She was a staff writer for the Arts and Lifestyle section of the Binghamton PipeDream, where she spent her time writing about fashion and college life. Last summer, she spent her time researching honeymoon destinations and blogging about bridal trends as an intern for The Knot Weddings Magazine in New York City. In her spare time, Lauren enjoys laughing, hanging out with her friends, blasting music while she drives, applying movie quotes every situation possible, and drinking coffee like its her job. In the future, she hopes to pursue a career in lifestyle journalism or entrepreneurship.