This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Fall in Binghamton is one of my favorite times of the year!  Our campus looks its best with the leaves changing colors, the weather is crisp and it is the perfect time to start pulling out your cozy sweaters and scarves.  Autumn also brings a food extravaganza!

There are so many places to go apple picking within a short drive of campus.  Some of these popular spots include Apple Hills Farm in Binghamton, the Cider Mill in Endicott and Lone Maple Farm in Binghamton.  Be sure not just to try the large variety of apples but to taste the apple cider donuts as well.  In addition, the dining halls usually sell apples from local orchards.  So, take advantage of this opportunity too!

Anything that has pumpkin in it indicates that fall is upon us.  All students have to try going to the new Hinman Starbucks where they are offering everyone’s favorite fall drinks such as Pumpkin Spice Latte and Hot Apple Cider.  If you are not feeling the pumpkin flavor or have had too much apple, be sure to try the Chile Mocha Latte. 

Binghamton Restaurant Week is a beloved tradition of Binghamton students.  This bi-annual event is coming soon so mark your calendars for this 10-day event, taking place from October 18th to October 27th.   To see which restaurants are participating, visit this link: http://eatbing.com/event/restaurant-week-fall-2016.

Eating spoonfuls of Panera’s Butternut Squash Soup can cause a bit of an addiction.  This popular soup will be back on the menu at Panera so everyone must take a trip down Vestal Parkway to the nearest Panera to try this soothing soup that will bring happiness and tastiness to your day.

Lastly, our favorite childhood holiday is about a month away.  Are you missing trick-or-treating from your younger days and wishing for candy?  Well, Challah for Hunger is hosting its annual Chall-o-ween event where each participant will get to stuff Challah with as much as candy as he or she likes.  You do not want to miss this amazing event taking place on October 25th at 6:00 PM in UU 103.

Elana is a Junior at Binghamton University. She is majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Consulting. She is originally from New Jersey. Some of her hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing and playing tennis. On campus, she is involved with Hillel and volunteers at the Boys and Girls Club. She is looking forward to writing for Her Campus and hopes to amuse and provide advice for fellow Binghamton students.
Binghamton Contributor