This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Trick or Treat! It’s hard to believe, but in two short weeks Halloween will be here. As I get older, I feel that every year it creeps up on me without warning. I always find myself struggling to find a costume last minute. Halloween serves many purposes; free candy, partying it up with all your friends, and most importantly the freedom to be anything you want! The possible costume choices are endless and the one’s that are the most memorable are the creative ones that make a statement. Here are some creative costume ideas you and a partner can be for Halloween!

The “Rival” Couple Costumes

This includes costumes like “Salt and Pepper,” “Siracha and Tobassco,” and “Burger King and Wendy.” My personal favorite is the costume “Geico the Gecko and Flo from Progressive Insurance.”

I thought this was really clever because obviously this isn’t a typical costume as well as they are rival insurance companies. Double points because the actress that plays Flo went to Binghamton!

The “Typical” Couple Costumes

These are the default couple costumes. Examples of these are “Barbie and Ken,” “High School Cheerleader and Football Player,” and “Sandy and Danny from Grease.” These tend to be a little less DIY, however very easy to pull off.

The “Play-On-Words” Couple Costumes

These types of costumes are definitely the punniest costumes. Some of my personal favorites are “Lightening Strike,” and “Pumpkin Pi.” If you choose to do a costume like this, you need to go all out and put in lots of preparation to do it justice. 

Melissa is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Scarsdale, NY. She getting a dual degree in English Rhetoric and Human Development. She loves fashion, writing, and social media. Since joining the Her Campus she has interned at two magazines, CollegeFashionista.com and Paper Magazine in NYC. She currently is the Vice President of the sorority Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. She is looking forward to making the next step in her HC journey from Staff Writer to Campus Correspondent.
Binghamton Contributor