Campus Celebrity: Stephanie Courtney

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

If there’s one commerical that people can remember well, it’s the ever-famous Progressive Insurance Commercial starring the lovable character, Flo. With her puffy hair, white outfits, and her peppy voice, when you watch the Progressive Commerical, you can’t help but think about Flo. Fun fact about the Flo we all know and love? She graduated Binghamton University in 1992! Here are some fun facts about Flo, aka Stephanie Courtney, aka a cool alum of Binghamton!

Name: Stephanie Courtney

Hometown: Stony Point, NY

Year of acting debut: 1998

Age: 44

Major: She graduated Binghamton in 1992 with a degree in Criminology! 

Marital Status: Married Scott Kolanach in 2008

During her time at Binghamton, Stephanie Courtney played Elizabeth Proctor in The Crucible. While we all know and love her as Flo, she has made appearences in multiple films and television shows including Everybody Loves Raymond, Blades of Glory, Mad Men, The Jay Leno Show, The Looney Tunes Show, and so much more. Other commercials she has made appearences on include Skittles, SC Johnson Glade, General Mills, and even a Bud Light commercial that aired during a Super Bowl! Binghamton features Courtney and other notable Bearcat alumni on their admissions page!

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!
Binghamton Contributor