Campus Celebrity: Maureen Kelly

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Have you ever heard of the cosmetic line, Tarte Cosmetics? The founder and CEO of Tarte, Maureen Kelly, is actually a graduate of Binghamton! Tarte is a high quality natural ingredient cosmetic line that is well known for their mascaras and cheek products (totally heck out the Cheek Stains), which are found at Sephora and Ulta. While Kelly was in graduate school at Columbia, her husband urged her to live out her dream and go into makeup, so she dropped out of school and founded Tarte, a pretty gutsy move. However, following her dream proved worthwhile as many celebrities, including Oprah, swear by her products. ‘

Name: Maureen Kelly

Age: 42

Birthplace: New York, USA

Graduation Year: 1992

Major at Binghamton: English

Year Tarte was Founded: 1998

Yearly Tarte Revenue: $524 million

Celebrities that Love Tarte: Eva Longoria, Chloe Moretz, Jessica Alba, Oprah, Isla Fisher, Jessica Biel, Christina Ricci, Emma Roberts, Demi Lovato, Zooey Deschanel, Selena Gomez and so many more!

Products Worth Trying: Cheek Stains, Amazonian Clay Blushes, and LipSurgence Lipglosses 

Caitlin is from Long Island, New York and is a sophomore. She is majoring in Psychology and minoring in Health and Wellness Studies at Binghamton University. Caitlin loves make-up and gets her inspiration from Allure and Glamour magazine. She loves living a healthy lifestyle and contributes her passion for health to her mother. She is excited to be apart of the Her Campus team.