Campus Celeb: Samantha Wieder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Samantha Wieder

Year and Class: Sophomore transfer (transferred from SUNY Oneonta), Class of 2016

Hometown: Dix Hills, NY

Major/Minor: English Rhetoric and at the end of the spring I will be declaring a minor in Cinema

Residence: Dickinson, Rafuse Hall

Favorite Foods: Pasta, Avocado

Favorite TV shows: X-Factor, Modern Family, Keeping Up With The Kardashians

Celebrity Crushes: As of recently, Harry Styles

Favorite Music: One Republic, One Direction, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Maroon 5

Fun Fact: This past summer I went on a cruise to Alaska and got the chance to walk on top of a glacier in Skagway, Alaska! I also met the Jonas Brothers twice in one week. It was a pretty cool summer!

Phobias: I have an irrational phobia of cows

Dream Job: Movie/TV Production or Journalism

About the Author:

I am a sophomore transfer at Binghamton University! I attended SUNY Oneonta last year and couldn’t be happier about the switch- I love Binghamton! I recently became a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi and I’ve made the most amazing best friends/sisters through it! Next semester I hope to become actively involved in Pipe Dream and BTV! In high school I was on the copy edit team for my yearbook and at Oneonta I wrote scripts for the on-campus TV station, The WIRE. I was also a contributing writer to the on-campus newspaper, The State Times.  I love listening to music, hanging out with my friends, traveling, and going to concerts! I am so excited to be writing for Her Campus!

Samantha Wieder is a senior at Binghamton University. She's majoring in English Rhetoric and minoring in Cinema. Heavily involved in campus, she's proud to be part of BTV, Binghamton's student run television station, as production manager on e-board. She's also a member of the Marketing Association, staff writer for Pipe Dream Release, and a sister of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. During the summer of 2014, she was an Editorial Intern at Long Island Pulse Magazine in Patchogue, NY and during the summer of 2015, she was a Marketing and Communications Intern at Hazon, a Jewish non-profit in the Financial District. She looks forward to interning at FOX 40 in Binghamton during the spring 2016 semester and to begin a career in New York City for post-grad life. She looks forward to another incredible year of writing for Her Campus!