Binghamton Restaurant Week Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Binghamton has a unique mix of restaurants that feature a variety of cuisines.  Choosing the right restaurant to go to during Restaurant Week is always hard because there are so many good options to choose from! Restaurant Week gives students the chance to try new restaurants at a discounted price. The price typically ranges from lunch for $10 to dinner for $30 and most of the deals include 3 courses. Binghamton Restaurant Week is something I look forward to every semester! Here are my top 5 choices from this semester’s Restaurant Week:

1. Lost Dog Café– Everyone who goes to Binghamton knows that the Lost Dog Café has the best Rigatoni Ala Vodka! If you are not feeling the pasta, they also have healthier options such as the Tofu Veggie Rice Bowl.  For the first course, diners can choose between the Dog House Salad, soup or a glass of wine.  The final course is delicious as well including an Oreo Cookie Brownie, a Vanilla Cupcake with Butter Cream or a Lemon Crinkle Cookie.
  1. Number 5 – If you are looking for a classier meal and want a really good steak, Number 5 should be your go-to place. If you do not eat meat they still have plenty of options including salmon, quinoa stir-fry and Ahi tuna. Number 5’s first course is amazing too! I would highly recommend ordering the Greek Stuffed Mushrooms. Lastly, they also have a killer dessert including Bread Pudding, Homemade Chocolate Decadence or Red Velvet Cake, which are all incredible!
  1. The Garage – This garage turned restaurant is one of Binghamton’s trendiest restaurants!  Not only is the vibe and décor cool, but the food is so tasty. You can choose from different types of tacos including cauliflower tacos, fish tacos, tofu tacos or the carnitas tacos (pork tacos).  For an appetizer you can decide between Pico de Gallo with chips, “Street Corn”, Gazpacho or a Lime Citrus Salad.  To finish off the meal, if you are 21, you can order the spicy cucumber margarita or beer and if you are not 21, you can order the Churros, which are so tasty!
  1. Social on State – Social on State is one of Binghamton’s newest restaurants, but it defintley does not disappoint. It offers a $25 deal where each person can choose any three tapas ranging from their famous macaroni and cheese to the sesame seared Ahi tuna to the mushroom lettuce wraps.
  1. Citrea – This wood-fired pizza restaurant is always a crowd pleaser.  Citrea offers a great three-course meal, beginning with a choice of tomato soup, grape salad or sweet potato fries.  The second course features all different kinds of pizzas ranging from the Di Funghi Pizza to the Margarita Pizza. To top the meal off, the third course is Citrea’s famous Zeppoles.

Elana is a Junior at Binghamton University. She is majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Consulting. She is originally from New Jersey. Some of her hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing and playing tennis. On campus, she is involved with Hillel and volunteers at the Boys and Girls Club. She is looking forward to writing for Her Campus and hopes to amuse and provide advice for fellow Binghamton students.
Binghamton Contributor