This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Unfortunately, it’s that time of the year again, finals week. The time when students rush to the library to secure a desk for the week, complain constantly about how much work they have, and procrastinate until no end. This week is stressful for everyone; students, teachers, parents, the list goes on. Many of us don’t even know where to begin because we’ve gotten by all semester without picking up a single book. Never fear though, I have compiled a list of types of music/ playlists that’ll help you get through those late night cram sessions.

–       Classical music/ piano music/music without any vocals: This music is great for hardcore studying. Since there are no words to sing along to, you won’t get sidetracked from doing your work. Also, listening to Mozart improves mental performance, it’s a thing, look it up.  

–       Spotify, Pandora, 8tracks, etc.: These music radios are all great in helping you find the perfect playlist that compliments your mood you’re feeling and type of studying that you are trying to accomplish.

–       Acoustic covers: Acoustic covers are my personal fave music to listen to while studying because I can listen to popular upbeat songs, but it won’t distract me from my work because it’s calmer.

–       Sounds: If music is too distracting for you, try listening to calm sounds from nature such as waves, rain, jungles, and animals. This will definitely help you focus and put you in studying mode.

With that being said, good luck on finals, may the odds be ever in your favor! 

Melissa is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Scarsdale, NY. She getting a dual degree in English Rhetoric and Human Development. She loves fashion, writing, and social media. Since joining the Her Campus she has interned at two magazines, CollegeFashionista.com and Paper Magazine in NYC. She currently is the Vice President of the sorority Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. She is looking forward to making the next step in her HC journey from Staff Writer to Campus Correspondent.
Binghamton Contributor