Best Places to Study Off Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

Some students feel comfortable and productive studying in their apartments. However, I personally like to create a separation between having a place where I do homework and a place where I can relax and be stress-free. When I lived on campus, Bartle was just a quick walk away but now that I live off campus, I have found other great places to study. Whether you live downtown, in University Plaza or in a house right off campus, there are plenty of study spots to be found. Here are five of my favorites:

1. University Downtown Center – home of the College of Community and Public Affairs; great computer center; plenty of private study rooms  

2. University Plaza (U Club Binghamton) Clubhouse – brand new facility that has tons of study rooms and especially great spot for working on group projects

3. Starbucks – a classic study location if you are okay with some noise; located in University Plaza

4. Strange Brew – semi-new café located downtown that opened up a few semesters ago that serves delicious food as well as good study vibes

5. ITC Building – located on Murray Hill Drive just off campus; beautiful brand new building; lots of spaces and resources for students  

Elana is a Junior at Binghamton University. She is majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Consulting. She is originally from New Jersey. Some of her hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing and playing tennis. On campus, she is involved with Hillel and volunteers at the Boys and Girls Club. She is looking forward to writing for Her Campus and hopes to amuse and provide advice for fellow Binghamton students.
Binghamton Contributor