Best Halloween TV Specials

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

There are so many reasons to look forward to October 31st aka Halloween; the candy, the costumes, and the partying are definitely on the top of the list. However, something that is so underratedly exciting when Halloween comes around is the TV specials! Of course everyone has their classic fave Halloween movies, but it’s a nice change of pace when everyone’s favorite shows spice up their storylines with a spooky one! Here are some of my favorite Halloween episodes! (Please note that this is my personal opinion based on the TV I watch. As well, no one was harmed in the making of this list.) Happy almost Halloween!!!

How I Met Your Mother: “The Slutty Pumpkin”

About: Years ago, Ted falls for some mystery girl (classic Ted) in a slutty pumpkin costume and tries to find out who she is. Pretty standard for a How I Met Your Mother episode, but definitely filled with laughs!

The Simpsons: “Tree House of Horror”

About: I must admit, I don’t normally watch the Simpsons, however in English class in High School we watched this episode because it referred to the poem, The Raven by Edgar Allen Poe. Basically what I got out of this is that everything is better when you watch TV in class! 

Rugrats: “Candy Creep Bar Creep Show”

About: This episode really brings me back to my younger years where I would live off of watching Rugrats. I remember when I was little I was so scared of the Haunted House just like Tommy and friends. What can I say? I really thought I was part of the gang!

Pretty Little Liars: “This Is A Dark Ride”

About: At this point with PLL, I am SO over it and I just want to know who really is “A!” However, I must admit that I really enjoyed this ep; it was filled with drama, romance and horror- the makings of a great teen drama! I loved how the episode was set on a mysterious train, but more importantly how chic all of the girls Halloween costumes were.

Modern Family: “Halloween”

About: This show literally cracks me up, even my dad is hysterically laughing by the end of every episode. Between Claire’s obsession with Halloween and Phil’s fear that her concentration in the holiday is a sign that she doesn’t love him anymore, the whole family is running around like chickens without a head. Now that would be a scary sight!

Melissa is a sophomore at Binghamton University. She is from Scarsdale, NY. She getting a dual degree in English Rhetoric and Human Development. She loves fashion, writing, and social media. Since joining the Her Campus she has interned at two magazines, CollegeFashionista.com and Paper Magazine in NYC. She currently is the Vice President of the sorority Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi. She is looking forward to making the next step in her HC journey from Staff Writer to Campus Correspondent.
Binghamton Contributor