Best Classes to Take at Binghamton University

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

As a junior at Binghamton, I have had the opportunity to take some really interesting and unique classes. College is a time to explore subjects you have never been exposed to. Binghamton has over 100 majors and therefore, there are so many amazing courses to choose from. Here are 5 classes, I highly recommend!

1. African Dance – Do you find yourself needing to fulfill your physical activity requirement? Do you enjoy busting a move? This African Dance class is the perfect course for you!
  2. Business Law – Thinking about law school or want to a peak into your future? In this class you will learn the basics of contracts, torts and negligence. Defintley take this course with Professor Gerald Loy.
  3. Psych 111 – This is a must take course for every student living in the world today. This course gives you the skills and knowledge about how to tackle everyday interactions as well as learning about how the human body functions.
  4. Creative Writing – If you want to enhance your writing skills while freely expressing yourself, then be sure to enroll in Creative Writing. This course gives you the chance to work and learn from your peers and grow as a writer.   
  5. Community Schools – This class offers hand on experience in the classroom. There are not many other courses that give you this real life experience. Also, although this class is listed under CCPA, any Binghamton student can choose to take this course. 
Elana is a Junior at Binghamton University. She is majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Consulting. She is originally from New Jersey. Some of her hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing and playing tennis. On campus, she is involved with Hillel and volunteers at the Boys and Girls Club. She is looking forward to writing for Her Campus and hopes to amuse and provide advice for fellow Binghamton students.
Binghamton Contributor