Career

7 Influential Women In Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

1. Beyonce 

Beyonces influence doesn’t just show through her confidence on stage and, literally, in real life but it shows through her music. The top most influential songs of Beyonce’s according to Out Magazine (and the rest of the world) are as follows: “Irreplaceable”, “Flawless”, “Countdown”, “Run the World”, and “Single Ladies.” 

2. Sofia Vergara 

It has been argued by Forbes that Sofia Vergara is one of the most relevant women in our lives. They said “Vergara, one of the stars of “Modern Family,” earned an estimated $19 million last year, making her the highest paid actress on television today—not despite the fact that she’s a Latin American with an accent, but because she is. She has concocted the secret sauce to reach across demographics. She has also made it clear that Hispanics want to move beyond cliché telenovellas and typecasting as maids or hookers.” …That sounds convincing enough for me. What about you? 

3. Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga is expected to earn $100 million tthis year, according to Forbes. That would put her in the same playing field as U2 and ACDC. Not only is she on tour this year but she also performed in the Supe rBowl Half Time Show and nailed it. She was nothing short of epic. 

4. Ellen Degeneres

Ellen Degeneres can arguably be one of the most amazing people in the world. Ellen has been known to play a key role in the LGBTQ+ community. “DeGeneres first made waves in 1997 when she came out as gay on the cover of Time and on “The Oprah Winfrey Show.” Art imitated life, as DeGeneres’ character on her ABC sitcom “Ellen” also came out of the closet. There was a backlash, however. “Ellen” was cancelled due to falling ratings in 1998 and the comedian didn’t regain her professional stride until her talk show launched in 2003.” says Variety magazine. 

5. Jennifer Lawrence 

Jennifer Lawrence is known for her fantastic works through her being an actress but also, as of recently, become highly popular for her body positivity role in todays mainstream media. She has been quoted saying the following: “You have to look past it- you look how you look, and be comfortable. What are you going to do? Be hunry every single day to make other people happy? That’s just dumb.” and “I’m a woman that’s living in this world of everybody telling everyone how they should look adn what they should be eating and how people can lost this much weight fast, and it just kid of overwhelms our senses. If I could just amke the tiniest bit of difference in getting rid of that because it is so annoying, I would love that.” 

6. Viola Davis

Viola Davis throughout the years in Hollywood ranks in recent years due to her performances in “How to Get Away WIth Murder,’ and “The Help.” Viola Davis is a symbol of hope, talent and the idea that one can overcome anything. 

7. Adele

Not only was Adele Billboard Artist of the Year, but she was also listed at number five on VH1’s 100 Greatest Women in Music. Time magazine recalled her as one of the most ifluential people, not only in America, but in the world. As of December of 2015, her sales could be estimated at about 100 million or more, making her easily one of the world’s best-selling artists. …I can believe that. 

Binghamton Contributor