5 Lesser Known Local Places To Visit

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

1. The Shop – Ever crave a warm and delicious crepe?  If so, The Shop is the place for you!  Not only is the food tasty, but also the ambiance is trendy chic.  Even though it is located in downtown Binghamton, it feels as if you are at a hip café in downtown Manhattan. Not in the mood for crepes and just want a cappuccino?  The Shop offers a wide array of coffees.

2. AMC Vestal Square Town 9 – At many movie theaters, I constantly find myself trying to stretch my legs.  But at the AMC Vestal Square Town 9, there is an ample amount of room for you not only to stretch your legs out, but also to recline.  Be sure to bring blankets!

3. River Read Books – Downtown Binghamton is lucky to have a cute little bookstore.  River Read Books has a wide selection of books to choose from and offers different events throughout the year, including book signings and discussions.

4.  Cyber Café West – Looking for somewhere off the beaten path? Then, this is the place for you!  Cyber Café has an eclectic menu ranging from wraps to quesadillas to burgers and more.  Be sure to come on a night when a local band is performing or show your talent on Tuesday nights for Karaoke!

5. Carousels – One of Binghamton’s hidden treasures is its collection of antique carousels.   In fact, there are six antique carousel parks located in the Greater Binghamton region.  Be sure to take a ride on one and let your inner child out.  Two are even located in Binghamton (Ross Park Carousel and Recreation Park Carousel).

Elana is a Junior at Binghamton University. She is majoring in Business Administration with a concentration in Consulting. She is originally from New Jersey. Some of her hobbies include traveling, cooking, reading, writing and playing tennis. On campus, she is involved with Hillel and volunteers at the Boys and Girls Club. She is looking forward to writing for Her Campus and hopes to amuse and provide advice for fellow Binghamton students.
Binghamton Contributor