5 Essential Clothing Pieces for Your Spring Wardrobe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

You wouldn’t think spring is tomorrow (last time I checked the weather was calling for snow) but it is. We’ve been blessed with a handful of nice days here and there but it’s still not enough. Now if you’re anything like me, you’re probably itching to wear you cutest springtime clothing but to no avail you continue to recycle through wool sweaters and thick jeans. Should the weather ever get sunny, here are some pieces that will be essential to rock this spring

Knit Cardigans

The weather is so unpredictable during in the spring; 30 degrees in the morning and 80 degrees by noon. You decide to wear a sweater one day when you really need a t-shirt, the next you wear a sundress and you should’ve worn a parka. Knit cardigans are the perfect solution to solve the ever present need for a versatile weather outfit. They’re soft and cozy enough to keep you warm, but you can wear a lighter weather shirt underneath for balance.

Gym Shoes

Ugg boots be gone! Gym shoes have been growing as a trend right along with jogger pants and comfy tees as high fashion. I’m sure sporty chicks everywhere will agree this is long overdue. High tops, low tops, and styles galore. Ladies, get your sneakers and wear them proud.

Trench Coat

Trade in that goose down coat for a lighter jacket. Class up your look with a trenchcoat. Add a bold statement belt to make it more than just outwear.

Nude Heels

I’m so happy to see that the nude color trend is coming back around. I’ve always been a fan of simplicity in fashion. Nude heels are a great way to dabble with the trend without feeling too out of your color comfort zone. Paired with the cute pastel colors that spring brings nude heels will complete your look.

Shirt Dress

I went shopping a few days back and every rack I looked through had the shirt-dresses galore. As a petite girl, I’ve always been a fan of the shirt-dress look but now that designers see the potential they have to be fashionable, I couldn’t be more pleased. A nice belt to cinch the waist and a pair of peep toe heels pair well for a casual springtime Sunday brunch and mimosas.

Shavonna Q. Hinton
Binghamton Contributor