Style > Fashion

10 Best Venice Film Festival Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Binghamton chapter.

While its no Met Gala or Oscars, the Venice Film Festival red carpet holds an important place in the celerity fashion world. It showcases old glamour Hollywood looks and groundbreaking movies, all tied together with the picturesque backdrop. This year’s festival, its 79th to date, lasts until September 10th. Here are some of my favorite favorites from the first few days!

Timothee Chalamet 

This “Dune” star was invited to the festival in honor of his new film “Bones and All,” and like usual, he killed the red carpet. Chalamet was decked out in a backless red Haider Ackman, along with a matching scarf and fitted leather pants. The stunning look also included black boots and jewelry.

Tessa Thompson

Chalamet wasn’t the only “Bones and All” star to make fashion history in Venice this weekend. Tessa Thompson graced us with a stunning yet striking lime green corset top and bustle skirt set from Christopher John Rogers. She completed the look with a black hair fastener. This is a fashion moment that I will never forget!

Phoebe Waller-Bridge

Waller-Bridge is another star that kept it simple but was still a shining star on the red carpet!  This beauty walked for “The Banshees Of Inisherin” in a chic light pantsuit over a metallic-lined top. The BBC star had her memorable locks styled in a soft wave, and she opted for a subtle palette of makeup for the appearance. 

Regé-Jean Page

This iconic “Bridgerton” star complemented his stunning looks with a dapper back suit and suede loafers. Page also sported a unique black tunic under his suit, paying homage to the Italian aspect of the festival.

Kerry Condon

Rege-Jean Page’s costar took to the red carpet on Monday with a gorgeous white maxi gown. The number featured detailed long-sleeves, a v-cut neckline, a center slit, and a ruffled bow design. The “The Banshees of Inisherin” star took some stunning pictures with the rest of the cast and truly stood out amongst the other stars walking. 

Camilla Mendes

“Riverdale” actress Camilla Mendes opted for a memorable Armani Privé look at this year’s film festival. It showcased large geometric cut-outs and a prominent, embellished ruffle shoulder cape. Along with her striking makeup and jewelry, Mendes made her presence known!

Taylor Russell

Russell graced viewers with a stunning couture gown from Balenciaga’s 2023 collection. The seafoam green colored dress paired with long white gloves highlighted the actress’ gorgeous complexion and fantastic makeup.

Harry Styles

You couldn’t list the best dressed without including Harry Styles. This former One Direction vocalist stepped out of his limo in an iconic custom-made Gucci suit that featured a long blue collar. The “Don’t Worry Darling” star may have had some controversial moments throughout his time at the festival, but his simplistic yet perfect outfit made fans proud. 

Sadie Sink

This rising star looked magical at her red carpet premiere! She showcased a long baby blue Alexander McQueen cut-away gown with a sizeable ring. The silver detailing was breathtaking, and the “Stranger Things” actress paired it with simplistic hair and makeup styles. Sadie Sink was one of my favorite looks from the festival!

Florence Pugh

Florence Pugh’s midnight gown was my all-time favorite look for the 2022 Venice Film Festival.  This sheer high-low and off-shoulder Valentino gown has been dubbed by fans as her ‘revenge dress’ following her drama with director Olivia Wilde and co-star Harry Styles. She looked like a goddess, with her iconic short hair styled to perfection! She also showed off a pair of stunning black heels with unique feather detailing. The “Don’t Worry Darling” star killed the red carpet this year and didn’t let the movie drama overshadow her fantastic look. 

Nicolette is a Junior at Binghamton University, with a major in Psychology and a minor in Global Studies. Other than serving as Editor In Chief for Her Campus at Binghamton, she is an opinions writer for Pipe Dream student newspaper, Vice President of Philanthropy and Community Service for the Panhellenic Council, and is very active in her sorority. After graduation, Nicolette hopes to pursue a master's degree in Journalism.