burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The 8-in-1 Evolution Bra and Why You Need It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Berry chapter.

Most women will agree: Finding the perfect bra — one that’s comfortable, cute, good quality and the right size — is nearly impossible. Seamless underwear producer Knix Wear noticed this problem and created a “comfortable, versatile and technologically advanced” alternative to typical lingerie, which tends to place frills over function.

After 10 months of testing, Knix Wear has “reinvented” the bra with the 8-in-1 Evolution Bra. This extremely durable and versatile bra attempts to cut the number of bras the average woman owns at one time, which is 16, in half.

Unlike most underwear designers, Knix Wear didn’t create another pretty piece of lingerie. The bra is designed for active women and features moisture wicking, quick dry, anti-microbial, anti-odor material. More than 70 women, all with different body types, tested the bra by wearing it while completing everyday activities like cycling, working, yoga and sleeping. The women found the bra to be appropriate for almost any activity.

Although the Evolution Bra boasts function over frill, it is still a good-looking bra. It forms to your shape and isn’t noticeable under clothing. You can wear the bra in eight different ways depending on your outfit and preference. It’s also reversible and includes two different sets of straps, giving you multiple styling options.

Knix Wear’s belief that “active can be attractive, comfortable can be cute, and functional can be fashionable” led them to create a product most women didn’t even know they needed until now. This product is an everyday bra that recognizes women lead lives outside the bedroom that involve sweating and moving in various situations. You could call it quite the game changer. 

Women noticed the appeal of the bra and have supported it greatly. The company launched a Kickstarter campaign last September to appeal to the public for funding the first production run with the incentive of being “the first to get your hands on the Evolution Bra.” Although the original goal was $30,000, Knix Wear raised more than $1.1 million by October 24. The bra was also listed on Indiegogo, where more than $1.2 million has been raised.

Backers on both sites will receive their Evolution Bras by February, but the Kickstarter campaign is closed to new backers. Only Indiegogo backers can order the bra at this time, with prices starting at $55.  

Abigail (Abby) DeGennaro is a junior at Berry College. She is majoring in communication with a concentration in PR and a minor in English. Abby enjoys reading mystery novels, bicycling, and watching "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" for the hundredth time.