Mr. Campus Freshman: Seth Stubblefield

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at UC Berkeley chapter.

Name: Seth Kylar Stubblefield
Age: 18
Hometown: San Angelo, Texas

Her Campus: Where do you see yourself post-grad?
Seth Stubblefield: Hopefully still swimming but we’ll see where all of this takes me. I plan on continuing to medical school after I graduate, but again, I guess we’ll just have to wait and see! I really want to travel and see the world and experience what it has to offer before it’s too late.

HC: What do you look for in a girl?
SS: Obviously, the first thing you see are the physical features of a person so (hoping not to sound too shallow), she has to be attractive – you know cute face, nice body, etc but really personality is key. She has to make me believe that she wants to be with me and just have fun when she is with me.

HC: What’s your favorite childhood memory?
SS: My favorite childhood memory was when my family and some family friends went down to the beach for a couple of weeks during the summeron the night of my 7th birthday. I was walking along the beach with my sister and parents, admiring the sunset and talking. When we got back to the place where we were staying, my friends had planned a surprise birthday party for me and had fireworks ready. This is going to sound cheesy but it felt magical.

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect date?
SS: Really, I don’t have a perfect date idea. The best dates I’ve had are dates where we really don’t have a plan going into it and end up just doing our own thing and mixing it up. If that makes sense haha.

HC: What extracurriculars are you involved with and why? 
SS: My two extra curriculars make up two of the largest parts of my life. I’m on the swim team here at Cal and swimming has been a huge part of me ever since I started. And I also try to be very religious; so I like going to church and participating in organizations like AIA (Athletes in Action) and others like it.

HC: What’s your favorite part about college so far?
SS: My favorite part about college is definitely the freedom. I was blessed with great parents and I was fortunate enough that they let me basically do anything that I wanted when I was younger, but it’s different being on your own. You have the freedom to be friends with who you want to be friends with, date who you want to date, go to whatever parties or whatever that you want to go to…it’s just a fun experience.

HC: What’s the last song you played on your iPod?
SS: “The Truth” by Jason Aldean

HC: What’s your favorite pick up line?
SS: “If you stood in front of a mirror and held up 11 roses, you would see 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.”

HC: What’s your favorite place to eat around Berkeley?
SS:Hmm my favorite place to eat in Berkeley…that’s hard because there are so many good ones! I tend to frequent Gypsy’s so I guess I’ll go with that one.

HC: If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
SS: If I could have one super power it would definitely be to be able to fly. Haha, original, I know. I just think it would be awesome to be able to experience that kind of freedom and just soar to wherever you wanted to go.

Vote for Seth Stubblefield as Mr. UC Berkeley Campus Freshman here

Elizabeth is a senior majoring in American Studies with a concentration in consumer behavior at the University of California, Berkeley. You'll find her at the pool swimming with the Cal club water polo team or running through campus training for the next half marathon. In addition to an active lifestyle, Elizabeth loves to keep up to date with the latest tech trends and is always looking for a new recipe to try out! Elizabeth hopes to pursue a career in public relations and marketing after graduation.