This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Do you ever look at your full closet and think, “I have nothing to wear”?

You just described me every morning.

Fashion is so difficult because it’s constantly changing. Things are always going in and out of style, our personal styles change, and we grow out of things. All of this is normal, but what do we do with the clothes in our closet that we don’t wear anymore?

Well, I’ve figured it out. Selling them.

I have recently gotten into reselling my clothes online and I have loved it. I have been selling good-condition clothes from my closet that I don’t get enough use out of anymore for a fraction of what I paid for them. I’ve been using Poshmark to do this and they make it so easy. When you make a sale, Poshmark automatically emails you a prepaid shipping label. Then all you have to do is package up your item, tape on the label, and drop it off to be shipped! Poshmark takes 20% of the profit but even accounting for that, I made $200 last month alone from just reselling clothes in my closet that don’t fit my anymore or that I never wear anymore.

It makes me feel better that my clothes are finding a better home where they will get more use out of them – and it’s great to have extra spending money in my pocket. Reselling clothes is the perfect way to clear out closet space for the newest trends and give your pre-loved clothes to the next lucky wearer.

Hi everyone! My name is Banmai Huynh and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I'm a Corporate Finance and Accounting major at Bentley University in Waltham, MA and I’m the President of our Her Campus Chapter. I joined Her Campus because I think it's a great creative outlet for college students. I like writing about my personal experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks for reading!