This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Since downtown Waltham is a ten minute drive from the Bentley Campus and Moody Street is known for its collection of restaurants, Moody Street is a popular destination spot for Bentley students looking for somewhere to eat on a Friday or Saturday night. Downtown Waltham was featured in the Boston news back in June because Moody Street was shut down to cars and turned into a pedestrian road to let restaurants offer more outdoor seating during the pandemic. With the pandemic still limiting the number of restaurants that offer sit down meals, this is your guide to restaurants to visit on Moody Street during this fall semester.

1. Margaritas

Margaritas is a large Mexican chain restaurant located right next to the Charles River. This is one of the larger restaurants on Moody Street with seating inside and outside, and if you brave the chilly weather and eat dinner outside, you can watch the sunset on the river. The restaurant has a great collection of all types of huge Mexican dishes.

2. Gustazo Cuban Kitchen and Bar

Next up is this Cuban restaurant located right across the street from Margaritas. They serve steaming dishes of cuban food for lunch and dinner most days and are also open for brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.

3. Brewer’s Tap & Table

Brewer’s is a go-to if you’re looking for pub food like burgers and seafood. They have mostly pub staples for lunch and dinner but they also serve brunch on Saturdays and Sundays with some peculiar menu items, fried chicken & waffles being one example.

4. In a Pickle

In a Pickle is probably the most talked about restaurant on Moody Street, with such a long line that you can join the waitlist on their website. It is a brunch specialty restaurant serving breakfast and lunch dishes from 7am to 3pm almost every day. They serve tempting breakfast dishes like pumpkin bread french toast, M&M pancakes, and an endless selection of omelets and paninis.

5. Ponzu Izakaya

If you’re looking for something a little different for dinner, maybe try this sushi restaurant. They’re open for lunch and dinner almost every day, and they do a lot of takeout and delivery if you’re not looking to sit down in a restaurant and are instead looking for something to eat back at the dorm.

6. Bistro781

If you or someone you’re dining with is a picky eater, Bistro781 is your basic american restaurant. They serve dinner every day of the week as well as lunch some days and brunch on the weekends. On the menu they have tons of gluten free and vegan options, as well as a whole section dedicated to different types of tacos.

7. Solea restaurant and tapas bar

This is a Spanish restaurant with a limited number of options, mostly seafood, pasta, or vegetable based dishes. However, this restaurant is still definitely worth a trip for their colorful charcuterie boards of all different variations.

8. Lizzy’s Ice Cream

Last but not least, Lizzy’s is an ice cream shop that would be a perfect way to finish any night of dining! They are open to satisfy a sweet craving after lunch or dinner every day of the week. In addition to ice cream, they sell smoothies and an assortment of other hot and cold drinks. And, if you have a dietary restriction, they have sorbet, frozen yogurt, and no sugar added ice creams so everyone can have a sweet treat!

I'm a freshman at Bentley University and I'm currently undecided on my major. I'm from Reading, Massachusetts and I like baking, reading, and taking my dog on walks.
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!