assorted zodiac signs?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
assorted zodiac signs?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration on Canva for Her Campus Media

What Your Horoscope Sign Says About You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

What is a Zodiac Sign?

There are four elements in the zodiac, including air signs, fire signs, water signs, and earth signs that work together to create a comprehensive whole, which shows up in your life as your unique personality traits. Over the centuries, each sign has developed its own associations – including myths, animals, and colors – and its own characteristics. Every sign is illuminated by its own point of view, complete with powerful strengths and weaknesses.

From an astronomical perspective, we know that the sun does not move was its stability anchors the entire solar system. But from our vantage here on planet earth, the sun is in constant motion. We can depend on its daily performance (including inspiring sunrises and dramatic sunsets) as well as its location in the sky. The position the sun occupied at your exact moment of birth is known as your “sun sign” (sometimes referred to as “star sign” or “birth sign”). Your sun sign is determined by your date of birth and represents your core personality, sense of self, basic preferences, romantic compatibility, and ways in which you move through the world.

The 12 zodiac signs are divided into subgroups: Fire signs (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius), Earth Signs (Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn), Air Signs (Gemini, Libra, Aquarius), and Water Signs (Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces). Generally speaking, fire signs are passionate and exuberant, earth signs are practical and grounded, air signs are intellectual and curious, and water signs are intuitive and emotional.

Jump to your sign:

• Aries (March 21 – April 19)
  • Taurus (April 20 – May 20)
  • Gemini (May 21 – June 20)
  • Cancer (June 21 – July 22)
  • Leo (July 23 – August 22)
  • Virgo (August 23 – September 22)
  • Libra (September 23 – October 22)
  • Scorpio (October 23 – November 21)
  • Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21)
  • Capricorn (December 22 – January 19)
  • Aquarius (January 20 – February 18)
  • Pisces (February 19 – March 20)

Now that you have a better grasp of the zodiac signs and identified what your zodiac is, take a moment to see if these summaries identify to you!

Types of People in the Zodiac

Taurus, Libra, Capricorn – Tea: old souls, loves nature, bookworms, kindness, gardening, believes in old folklore, amazed with the universe, wandering through forests

Aries, Leo, Aquarius – coffee: loud music, messy hair, denim jackets, dogs, summer nights, making promises, competitive, wants to change the world, free spirits, adventures

Gemini, Pisces, Sagittarius – water: bright smiles, have faith in humanity, curiosity, staying up late, poetry, nostalgia, the smell of vanilla, mythology, vintage shirts, pretty handwriting

Virgo, Scorpio, Cancer – hot chocolate: oversize sweatshirts, winter, rosy cheeks, cold hands, movie nights, cozy homes, the mom friend, loves their friends more than anything

Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.