This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

In light of the approaching holiday season, we at HerCampus Bentley took a moment to reflect on why we do what we do– whether we write, edit, publicize, or support, here is why we are HC Bentley girls:

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I love to write, edit, and work with the staff to create new and exciting material. I knew that HC Bentley would take the campus by storm, with its upbeat articles and real, relevant topics. I’ve met so many wonderful people in only the past few months, and I’m excited to watch the site continue to grow. It’s hard work, but seeing positive comments and making a difference makes it all worth it!”

–        Olivia LeClair, Executive Vice President of Editorial, Featured Writer

“Although I was initially excited to join the HerCampus Bentley staff, I had no idea how many great opportunities I had stumbled across by writing my name down at the activity fair table this fall.  I was drawn to join the staff because I’ve always loved a good story, and I realized that HerCampus would give me the chance to share many stories, whether from my own life or exposing the Bentley community.  I also joined the publicity team because I wanted real experience to help me commit to a major—I’m thinking IDCC with a public relations focus.  Now, as the Publicity Vice President I am so thrilled to spread the word about HerCampus Bentley and promote information that is relevant and useful to all collegiettes™.”

–       Lauren Murphy, Executive Vice President of Publicity, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley to share a passion with others on writing articles, planning events, and sharing ideas with fellow college girls on life, style, love and how to survive college!”

–          Hannah Gerry, Event Planning Co-Chairperson, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley to go outside of my comfort zone and practice my writing skills outside of my academics. I love the idea of HerCampus and how it brings girls together who share common problems, goals and interests.”

–          Amanda Wagner, Contributing Writer                

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I think that Bentley really needed an online publication just for the women of Bentley. I love writing articles that I KNOW girls will read!”

–          Melissa Reohr, Social Media Co-Chairperson, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I had been on the newspaper all throughout high school and I loved to write; however, I wanted to have a space where I could be more creative and write about articles that interest me and other people my age. I also wanted to meet and become friends with other people with similar interests to me.”

–          Jess Jacovino, Communications and Collaborations Chairperson, Featured Writer

“Being a queer woman majoring in liberal arts makes me the epitome of an outlier on this campus. However, the launching of HerCampus Bentley gave me a venue to write about women’s issues from my perspective, as well as connect with women from diverse backgrounds on campus. Journalism is such an effective way to relay important information to a large body of people and HerCampus, with its large membership and readership, has proved others see the worth in this as well.”

–          Ali Kane, Campus Cuties Editor, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I am passionate about women’s issues and not only recognize, but value, the importance of what this organization represents, especially on a predominantly male campus. Additionally, as a freshman I appreciate how helpful, supportive, and welcoming my fellow staff members are in terms of helping me adjust to life at Bentley.”

–          Akira Conley, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus because it was a great way to target the female audience at Bentley with relevant and interesting news articles. It is a different kind of liberal arts outlet at a business school. It also provided me with the opportunity to meet an amazing group of hardworking, driven girls on campus that I may have otherwise not have known.”

–          Becky Finn, News Editor, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus because I wanted to try something new.  I really liked reading the articles from other colleges and I thought it would be cool to write some myself and see them on the HerCampus website.”

–          Ann Situ, Featured Writer

“I had a great idea that I wanted to spread around campus and HerCampus Bentley supported me with making my idea come to life. HerCampus Bentley is not just an online magazine; it’s a community where us girls can come together and support each other in all our future endeavors!”

–          Tea Trebicka, Featured Photographer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I love the creativity. I can write about whatever I want, my voice is always heard, and I am getting so much experience and improvement with writing and publicity.”

–          Sydney Bouchard, Events Editor, Featured Writer

“I would say that I joined HerCampus because I viewed it as an opportunity to express my creativity. Also I saw it as a great way to get involved on campus and meet new people.”

–          Jess Vella, Campus Celebrity Editor, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I thought it would be an awesome way to talk about Bentley and college life.”

–          Alison Smith, Treasurer & Fundraising Chairperson, Featured Writer

“I joined HerCampus Bentley because I wanted to be a part of a new and upcoming campus organization where I had the opportunity to write fun articles and meet great new people!”

–          Stephanie Hazelton, Featured Writer

“Starting HerCampus at Bentley has proved to be one of the most challenging, exciting, and enriching experiences I have ever undergone – yes, even better than internships with global companies. Is it because my title is “President” or “founder”? Nope. It’s because every single day since I started the Bentley branch, I have gotten the chance to openly express myself and share my experiences. It’s because I get to work with 20+ amazing staff members that support each other and produce interesting, thoughtful editorial content. It’s because I get to see emails from the HerCampus national office about how successful our Bentley branch is, in comparison with 200+ other colleges.

For those reasons and many more, I started and currently lead HerCampus Bentley, in the hopes that our “voice” will stand out as a credible, relevant resource for Bentley students. While it’s awesome to hear about every event on campus and know what “drama” is going on, it’s even more awesome to read an article about time management when you’re stressed, or to get some great recipes when you need a study break. Other activities provide us with the professional know-how and “tricks of the trade”, but it’s HerCampus Bentley that will help us through our most stressful homework nights and will show us why we’re not only “Bentley students”, but why we’re truly unique individuals.”

–       Kathryn Burgner, Founder, President/Editor-in-Chief, Featured Writer

We would be nothing without you, the reader. So we’d like to thank YOU for all of your continuing support and enthusiasm.

Hcxo,
The HerCampus Bentley Staff

*Want to support HerCampus Bentley in our efforts to be recognized? Add your name to our petition here.

Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.