This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As many of you probably know, here at Bentley University freshmen girls cannot rush a sorority until second semester. So while you can’t formally rush one of the three sororities here, that doesn’t mean that you can’t get to know them during your first semester.

Familiarize yourself with the three sororities on campus

At Bentley we have three sororities: Alpha Phi, Gamma Phi Beta, and Phi Sigma Sigma. You might hear them by their nicknames too—APhi, Gamma Phi, and Phi Sig.

Get to know some girls in each sorority

If you meet a girl in a sorority really try to get to know them. The more girls you know from a sorority the better you’re understanding of what the girls in that particular sorority are like. Also if they know more about you before formal recruitment weekend then it can make the process a lot smoother.

If they friend/follow you on social media, friend/follow them back!

On the other side of things, all of the sororities are recruiting 24/7. So even though we can’t take freshmen girls in the fall, we want to get to know as many girls as possible before spring semester. So if you get a notification on social media from a girl who you know is in one of the sororities but you’re not friends with her, accept it! This way they can share events with you that they are putting on around campus. Also you can…

Stalk them on social media

This might be a weird thing to suggest but seriously do this on everyone’s Facebook and Instagram pages. This way you can see all the fun things each sorority does each year and their specific traditions. If you are friends with an actual sister of a sorority stalk them too, because they might give you a more in-depth look at the different events each sorority does.

Keep an open mind!

You will probably hear this a lot during formal recruitment weekend, but try to not put all of your eggs in one basket. You might hear things around campus about each sorority’s reputation, but remember that it doesn’t matter what some people on campus think about it, it matters about what you think about it.

Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.