The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Whether you’re headed to the dining hall or dining at a nice restaurant in the city, getting dressed up for Valentine’s Day is a simple way to show love to yourself. I’ve put together some outfit “inspo” for every type of Valentine’s Day plan.

Brunch

I think we can all agree brunch is the best meal of the day. An easy outfit can be some jeans or a skirt with a simple top and layer with a dainty cardigan or soft jacket. You can choose to wear sneakers to make it more casual or wear some cute boots to dress it up. Layering a cardigan or jacket can make the outfit more versatile.

Dining Hall

Dining hall attire is usually comfortable, but who says you can’t be comfortable and cute. This is a perfect opportunity to bust out that matching sweat set and make the aisles of the dining hall your runway. You can pair it with dainty jewelry and a pair of mini uggs to elevate the outfit.

Coffee Shop

The most underrated locations for Valentine’s Day date. Us girls are simple; we love coffee. I would wear a simple black or white turtleneck paired with straight-leg pants for a coffee shop date. Adding a jacket with a collar will complement the turtleneck and adding some fierce boots will add to the “girl boss” look. 

Dinner in the City

You can never go wrong with a little black dress. It emanates chic. To upgrade the outfit, I would pair it with an oversized blazer to keep you warm and also to add to the “city girl” look. Pairing this with patterned tights and heeled shoes will add texture and dimension to the outfit. Lastly, adding bold jewelry or a bold purse will tie the whole look together.

Remember: You do not need a date to wear these. Take your girlfriends out for a Galentine’s outing. Or practice some self-love and treat yourself to a day celebrating yourself. You are always going to be your own forever valentine.

I am a first year student at Bentley University. I enjoy photography and fashion. I am planning to be a Marketing major. I am so excited to be part of Her Campus!