Unique Gifts for Unique People

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It is officially the holiday season! But if you’re like me, and not only a broke college student, but also just lacking any creative ideas for what to get for that friend or family member who is hard to surprise, never fear!  After some research I found some of the most random (yet amazing) gifts which would make that specific person on your list think you know them better then themselves.

For that person on your list who just can’t keep their phone charged:

J.Crew- $39.50

You know that friend who you just love so much but who constantly ruins plans because their phone is always dead and you can’t get in touch?  Or a relative who still doesn’t exactly understand that their iPhone’s battery wears out a whole lot faster than their last RAZR flip phone?  Well here is the perfect gift for you to give!  This Power Mate Plus for J.Crew extends the life of an iPhone as a portable battery that you can just charge up and toss in your bag or backpack.  There are different designs for both guys and girls so you can give this to almost anyone on your holiday list who has an iPhone!

For your friend who always gets their food stolen:

The Fridge Locker

Firebox.com- $32

Do you have a friend who always complains about their roommates “accidentally” eating their food?  Maybe a colleague who’s lasagna always goes mysteriously missing from the office fridge?  Then the Fridge Locker is the perfect gift!  It’s basically a locker with an actual combination that can easily fit in a normal sized fridge.  The perfect gift for not only someone whose food is always MIA, but also any food enthusiast will love it!

[pagebreak]

For anyone you know who showers (hopefully everyone on your list…):

The Shower Squid

Uncommongoods.com – $35

This is the type of gift you could give anyone! Because who doesn’t like an adorable octopus shower buddy who will hold things for you? (I can’t think of anyone, hello who would hate a shower caddy that is an octopus?!) Okay well technically they’re called Shower Squids, but that’s irrelevant.  These shower buddies have nine adjustable legs to hold your shampoo, conditioner, soap, or anything else that you need!  These Shower Squids come in three colors (Red, Blue, and Black), and can even hold shampoo upside down so you won’t miss a drop! 

For your family member or roommate who always loses the remote:

Pillow Remote Control

Brookstone- $14.98 (ON SALE!)

For that person on your list who either misplaces the remote just one too many times, or for the person who just likes to take naps (again, everyone on your list…This is TOO easy).  With this Pillow Remote Control from Brookstone, you can easily change the channel from the touch of a soft and plush button!  Using only two AAA batteries, this pillow even had LED lights under the buttons just like a normal (yet less soft) remote control.  The only way this pillow remote will go missing is if someone else steals it, because it just looks too awesome to be true.

For…honestly, I have no idea, this gift is just too great for anyone specific:

Canon Coffee Mug

Amazon- Cheapest price at $24

This is hysterical.  What’s so hysterical about it is that this is probably the last thing I would ever think to be a coffee mug.  So get this for the person who loves coffee, or maybe that person on your list who loves gag gifts, even a camera enthusiast (actually they may be heartbroken that it isn’t real… So think twice about that). 

Bentley University Class of 2013. Marketing Major.
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.