toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Halloween is the highlight of October. For many of us, this translates into running, lunging, and squatting our way to a costume-ready body. This hard work can be easily ruined by overindulging in the delicious treats that are arguably the best part of the holiday. Not all candy is created equal, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase “Trick or Treat.” This Halloween, indulge your sweet tooth with these guilt-free candies!

1. Dark Chocolate

50 calories, 4 grams of fat, 4 grams of sugar per square

This treat is relatively low in sugar and fat. Not to mention it’s good for your heart and brain and FULL of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals!

[pagebreak]

1. Dum Dum Lollipops

60 calories, 0 grams of fat, 11 grams of sugar per serving size (3 lollipops)

Dum Dums come in a wide array of long-lasting flavors, making them a great fix for any sugar craving.

[pagebreak]

1. Peppermint Patties

60 calories, 1 gram of fat, 11 grams of sugar per fun sized patty

This treat is light, refreshing, and low in calories and fat, leaving a guilt-free minty taste in your mouth.

[pagebreak]

1. Peanut M&Ms

90 calories, 5 grams of fat, 9 grams of sugar per fun sized pack

This chocolate treat contains protein, which will provide candy lovers with a small boost of energy while satisfying their appetite for a longer time period. The fun sized pouch is the perfect way to ensure portion control.

[pagebreak]

1. Smarties

25 calories, 0 grams of fat, 6 grams of sugar per roll

Smarties, as their name hints, are a smart choice of Halloween candy. While they are high in sugar, they boast a low calorie count and a non-existent fat content.

Don’t let your treats trick you this Halloween! Choose healthier options, practice portion control, but most importantly, don’t feel guilty about treating yourself!

Bentley University