This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

A new year always comes with new styles. Gone are the now-outdated trends of 2022, and in are the hottest new trends of 2023. Trends shouldn’t dictate what we can and can’t wear, but new trends always give a chance to try something new that could be your next favorite style.

Ballet core

Did you want to be a ballerina when you grew up too? Here is every little girl‘s dream being carried out on celebrities and influencers everywhere. Ballet core has made boleros, unitards, ballet flats, and leg warmers the hottest new things. I’ve loved pairing boleros with jeans or parachute pants, and wearing leg warmers with my Ugg Ultra Minis. Bella Hadid has also been spotted in Miu Miu’s Satin Ballet Flats (which retail for almost $1,000!) but other close dupes exist if you want to go for the same look without draining your bank account.

‘Stargirl’

Inspired by one of the most popular artists, ‘Stargirl’ aesthetic has been hitting social media everywhere while paired with The Weeknd’s song ‘Starboy.’ The Stargirl aesthetic includes GNO attire, silver and black clothing and accessories, and unwavering confidence while fitted. If you want to be seen as that girl, the Stargirl aesthetic is the perfect way to polish your style.

Oversized

Oversized attire is the move this year. Oversized leather jackets, hoodies, track pants, and parachute pants are everywhere on celebrities and influencers. For these pieces, thrift stores are your best friend – you can find the coolest vintage pieces at second-hand shops for a crazy low price. The oversized look is the perfect way to look comfy and casual this winter!

Bundled up

Remember when we were younger and wearing a coat to school wasn’t cool? We’ve done a complete 180, and now bundling up is the hottest (no pun intended) new look. Layering sweaters, puffers, and scarves adds so much texture and color to an outfit, and pairing winter accessories like winter gloves, earmuffs, and Moon Boots finishes off the look with perfect touches to tie the whole look together.

Have you tried any of these trends? What’s your favorite new trend of 2023?

Hi everyone! My name is Banmai Huynh and I am from Chelmsford, MA. I'm a Corporate Finance and Accounting major at Bentley University in Waltham, MA and I’m the President of our Her Campus Chapter. I joined Her Campus because I think it's a great creative outlet for college students. I like writing about my personal experiences, opinions, and recommendations! Thanks for reading!