Prime day travel?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Prime day travel?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
AMAZON
Life > Experiences

Traveling Alone: A First-Timer’s Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Hello, my name is Ellie and I just went on an airplane for the first time completely alone, let me tell you all about it.

Traveling alone is a scary concept. Getting from point A to point B with no in-person support system. This weekend I did just that. I recently went to Florida to visit my grandmother and family for Easter. My parents live in CT with my siblings, so they left Hartford and trusted me to navigate Logan Airport all by myself.

Contrary to popular belief, it was insanely easy. I had always feared getting lost, turned around, or even maybe running into some unsavory character. I did have a mini freak out when I couldn’t find the entrance, but other than that it was smooth sailing. All you have to do is follow the signs and boom. you’re in Florida.

I write this article in anticipation of my flight back to Boston. My family gave me traveling anxiety for this too (slightly different circumstances because I’m arriving in Boston at midnight) but here I am, having faced no problems in the airport. Wish me luck!

The moral of my story is that if traveling anxiety is preventing any of you from living life to the fullest, don’t let it! You are strong and you are capable!!

Travel safe besties :)

Ellie Parker

Bentley '24

slayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy