element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Top Ten Christmas Playlists You Should Listen to Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s that time of year again, people. Once the clock struck midnight on Halloween, it was time to dust off those Christmas records and enjoy the best genre that music has to offer from November 1st until December 25th. In the eleven months since last Christmas, your recollection of the best festive songs may have grown weary—but fear not! Here are the top ten albums and playlists you can listen to on Spotify that are sure to get you in the Christmas spirit.

1. Michael Bublé – Christmas: The King of Christmas has one of the all-time best albums out there. Highlights include “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” and “Holly Jolly Christmas.”
  2. Glee Christmas Playlist: ‘Tis the season for throwing it back to the ancient TV show that definitely excelled at Christmas songs.There are four albums from the show that revolve around Christmas music, but if you search for “Glee Christmas Music,” all forty songs are condensed into one amazing playlist.
  3. Mariah Carey – Merry Christmas: Now over twenty years old, the cult-classic album still solidifies the fact that nobody will take down the Queen of Christmas. Just blast “All I Want for Christmas is You” and all will be right in the world. 
  1. Brett Eldredge – Glow: Confession: I hate country music—but this album is not country at all, and Brett’s voice is so soothing that it’ll make you want to curl up in front of a fireplace and listen to the album on repeat.
  2. Christmas Music 100 Hits: This playlist has all of the classic songs, like Bing Crosby’s “Happy Holiday” and Queen’s “Thank God It’s Christmas.” It’s sure to be your go-to playlist when decorating your Christmas tree this year.
  1. A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector: If you’re in the mood for some classic Christmas songs, play this album. It is over fifty years old, yet all the songs are truly timeless.
  2. Christmas: This Spotify playlist has a great mix of the classics and some updated new takes on your favorite holiday songs. With a run time of six hours and twenty-two minutes, this is a great playlist to plug into while doing homework or decorating your dorm.
  3. Justin Bieber – Under the Mistletoe: I’m also not a Bieber fan, but this album is pretty fun nonetheless. His “Drummer Boy” with Busta Rhyme definitely puts a new spin on the classic, with Justin throwing some of his own rap skills into the mix.
  1. Josh Groban – Noel: Groban’s voice is so deep and rich that it gives an added layer of warmth to each Christmas song he sings. His “Ave Maria” is by far one of the greatest renditions of the song.
  2. Celine Dion – These Are Special Times: Another powerhouse singer finishes the list, and this album highlights her amazing voice. “O Holy Night” gives me goosebumps every time I listen to it.
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.