Top Songs for Spring Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Ahh, Spring! Finally we get to shed our Northfaces, Uggs, leggings and black on black ensembles for lighter garb, and start spending more time outside doing our favorite extracurricular activities—like soaking up some sun, spending time with friends and listening to our favorite new party jams on the Greenspace.

Spring time at Bentley is one of the best times of the year, so you need a playlist of the best tunes to keep up with your newfound outdoor freedom.  Whether you’re taking a nice afternoon run, relaxing (or slip n’ sliding!) on the Greenspace, or celebrating the weekend, this playlist will put you in a good mood and put you in the spring semester mindset so put on your new candy-colored jeans, your favorite pair of Jack Rogers, put on this playlist, and have a blast this spring.

There are certainly some popular Billboard 100 favorites and some country jams, but I also included some fabulous remixes to keep things fresh, new and ready-to-party. Here are 25 of my favorite must-have songs for a fabulous spring semester:

1. Wild Ones- Flo Rida featuring Sia (Miami Life Remix) makes this already bumpin’ track into a workout-(or party)-ready jam
  2. Part of Me- Katy Perry (Liam Keegan Remix) is a soft, relaxing trance-inspired remix from up-and-coming UK producer Liam Keegan
  3. Starships- Nicki Minaj (Mashup Germany Remix) is a lively mashup of Nicki, Madonna, Britney Spears, Daft Punk and Chris Brown—an absolute can’t miss
  4. Somebody I Used to Know- Gotye (Jakob Liedholm Remix) is an upbeat powerhouse remix of the normally more relaxed tune
  5. Ass Back Home- Gym Class Heroes featuring Neon Hitch (Sex Ray Vision Remix) a pumped-up, synth-to-the-max remix of one of my favorite new Gym Class Heroes songs
  6. Drive By- Train loving the new, relaxing sounds from radio favorite band, Train
  7. Birthday Cake- Rihanna featuring Chris Brown a sexy jam from the planet’s #1 controversial couple
  8. Domino- Jessie J (Myon and Shane 54 Remix) starts off light and airy, and explodes into a super dance-y track that will be impossible not to bob your head to
  9. Karmin- Broken Hearted (R3hab Remix) from one of my favorite new producers comes an absolute club banger by Youtube sensation and newcomer Karmin (Also, check out his remix of Troublemaker by Taio Cruz)
  10. Troublemaker- Taio Cruz the new release from Dy-no-mite artist Taio Cruz will get you on the dance floor in 0.2 seconds
  11. Feel So Close- Calvin Harris (the original still remains the best out there!)
  12. Call Me Maybe- Carly Rae Jepsen (Gabe Flaherty Remix) everyone knows and is OBSESSED with the original, but here, Gabe Flaherty puts a funky-electronic spin on this spring staple
  13. Ours- Taylor Swift
  14. Banjo- Rascal Flatts
  15. Got My Country On- Chris Cagle
  16. Boyfriend- Justin Beiber his new single produced by none other than Mike Posner, is an absolute jam and showcases his newfound mature vocals
  17. Trey Songs- Heart Attack Trey’s newest song off his new album “Chapter V” and is an epic breakup anthem for you newly singles out there
  18. Bad Girls- M.I.A. a new head-banging jam from one of my all-time favorite artists, blast it in your car with the bass cranked up and the windows rolled down
  19. Sweet Summertime- Kenny Chesney
  20. Old Dirt Road- Jason Aldean 
  21. We Run the Night- Havana Brown featuring Pitbull newcomer and Miami native Havana Brown breaks it down with Mr. Worldwide in this club track
  22. Naked- Dev featuring Enrique Iglesias (Reidiculous Remix) the original is relatively new, but the Reidiculous remix is a great alternative to dance the night away to
  23. Werk Me- Hyper Crush (OVERWERK Remix) just an out-of-control dance track that will have you running faster or whipping your hair back and forth
  24. We Are Young- Fun featuring Janelle Monae (Alvin Risk Remix) this remix gives this popular song a fresh take
  25. Where I Come From- Montgomery Gentry
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.