The Lalamason Jar With Slice Of Lime
The Lalamason Jar With Slice Of Lime
Her Campus Media
Wellness

Tips to Make your Water Drinking Experience Exciting

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

In the era we live in now, there is an increased emphasis on going to the gym and eating right. We constantly see food and exercise articles on the web and social media influencers promoting their new healthy lifestyle. For instance, we recognize that drinking water promotes countless health benefits. Consuming half of your body weight in ounces of water each day improves your skin, boosts energy, prevents joint pains and arthritis, fights infection, gets rid of body toxins, and reduces the risk of heart disease, among many other benefits. 

I have seen many of my friends fail to follow through with drinking water consistently. I started drinking water every day three years ago. At first, I also struggled to keep up with it, as the process can be tiresome. I have learned some tricks to make drinking water  excite me, and I hope that sharing my tips will make you look forward to drinking water too! 

Add Fruit/Vegetables to your Water

Chop up your favorite fruit or vegetable, and let it soak in your water for as little time as thirty minutes. Your water will naturally taste like the fruit or vegetable you placed in the drink. I sometimes cut up cucumbers, mint, strawberries, apples, and oranges. 

You can also squeeze lemon, lime, or fresh orange into your water and mix or shake. You can also chop these fruits up and place them inside your water to give off a similar flavor. Adding fruit and vegetable juice in conjunction with water provides you with more healthy nutrients. For example, lemon reduces the chances of developing kidney stones and has a good source of vitamin C. Limes help with lowering blood pressure and improving blood circulation. 

Decorate your Water Bottle

Although this step is entirely optional, I decided to invest in a purple Yeti. Purple is one of my favorite colors, and this bottle does the job of keeping my water almost freezing (just how I like it)! I also browsed some stickers on Etsy to put on my Yeti. I chose to include some such as the outline of my home state of New Jersey and a quote from one of my favorite movie franchises, Marvel. Having a water bottle that I enjoy the look of makes me want to always have my Yeti on me. The more you are around your bottle, the more you will drink what’s inside of it.

Hello! My name is Marissa, and I am a senior at Bentley, pursuing a degree in Marketing and a minor in Information Design and Corporate Communication. I am also on the swim team, swimming sprint free. I love writing personal experience articles and reviews on stores and products.
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!