Three Shows We Wish Never Went Off the Air

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Friends

We all want to be able to live across the hallway from our best friends so we can enjoy endless nights of drinks, laughs and stalking Ugly Naked Guy through the window.  Joey’s “How you dooin’?,” Ross’s never ending random facts and Phoebe’s original performance (and music video!) of “Smelly Cat” we make us wish we never had to see the purple door close.

The “Everything I Know in Life I Know From Friends” poster in my room serves as a constant reminder that everyone has a lobster and that you should never use “we were on a break” as an excuse. The show wraps with the classic trip to Central Perk, a last coffee run before the group is separated.

However, as we watch them walk away from the yellow-framed peep hole we have to wonder: Do Ross and Rachel ever get married and form a family with Emma? After she got off the plane from Paris we had hope, but we were left with only hope as their relationship was not wrapped up with surprise twins and a new house that was tricked away from a very annoying ex. 

[ pagebreak ]

Boy Meets World

You are not a child of the 90s unless you have compared your best friend and her boyfriend to Cory and Topanga. They make it through monkey bars, a kiss from Lauren at the ski lodge and giving up on love before leaving the City of Brotherly Love and heading to the Big Apple but, not without Shawn. There is no way Cory and Shawn could be separated by such a distance as they have been side by side since sitting in the back of Feeny’s class picking on Minkus and Topanga. 

The Matthews brothers could not be separated either, so as Jack and Rachel join the Peace Corps, Eric joins Cory, Topanga and Shawn in New York. His classic songs, “The curtains are on fire!” mixed with his Feeny call added countless laughs to the episodes. However, nothing could pull on our heart strings as much as the last scene of the series as Feeny finally admits his love for the group to his empty classroom where he taught them about life in his daily lesson plans.

As we watch Feeny leave the classroom for the last time we can’t help but to wonder if Shawn finds love/himself, if Cory and Topanga have babies or if Eric is called a “disgrace to humanity” again.  
[ pagebreak ]

Greek

My roommate and I are constantly fighting for Team Cappie and Team Evan. The bad boy- Animal House characteristics of Cappie make him irresistible just as Evan’s prepster style and emotional family life keep us enthralled with his character, not to mention their ever changing girlfriends. There’s Rebecca with the daddy issues and kick-ass personality, Casey with ZBZ spirit and law school dream, along with townies and countless sisters from the Tri-Pi house.

We watch as Casey bounces from Cappie to Evan and back again and as Rebecca hooks up with Evan during rush and then with Cappie later on. Everything becomes ever more complicated when Casey’s brother, Rusty, gets smacked across the face with a pledge paddle by Evan, joins Cappie’s frat, dates Casey’s best friend, Ashleigh, and wins a prestigious engineering grant through school. Casey is left to find her place among the madness.

As the series wraps, we see Casey and Cappie together (assumedly for good) driving away in her red Prius while Rusty and Ashleigh, Evan and Rebecca and other friends stand by waving them off. For Greek fans this ending was perfect. We love Casey and Cappie, their sexual tension throughout the entire series prove that there will always be a spark with them and it is a sigh of relief that they are together in the end.

Everything is wrapped up and tied with a bow adorned with Greek letters until the short episode is released. As Rusty, Rebecca, and friends graduate, Casey, Evan, and Cappie return, but not with each other. Evan has a new girlfriend and shocker to all- Casey and Cappie are awkward and clearly no longer together. The short ends with them agreeing to go to Dobler’s for drinks, but then leaves us hanging. We need to know what happens. Do Cappie and Casey get back together? What happened to break them up again?

Sources:
1.    http://www.images.google.com/
2.     http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105958/
3.    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_(TV_series)

I am a Bentley University senior majoring in Marketing with a LSM in Media, Arts and Society. I make gluten-free goodies all too frequently and my favorite place in the world is the top of a mountain with my skiis on. I have an addiction to chocolate, Alice in Wonderland and laughing with my roommates. 
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.