Things all Bentley Students Say: A Freshman Perspective

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

As the semester comes to an end and it dawns on me that I’ve been a college student for almost four months, and I start to reminisce about my time so far at Bentley University. It is true what they say that when you’re in college flies by, so I told myself I’m going to enjoy every semester to the fullest. I’m being cheesy now so let’s get down to business.

Here are the 5 things all Bentley students say now or have said:

1.“I can’t wait to feel my legs after this semester”- We all go up the Bentley stairs (or maybe you drive or take the loop, but that’s cheating sooo…). I remember at the beginning of the semester I would finish going up the stairs and I would be a wreck; full on sweating and out of breath by the second step – but now they’re a breeze! (I’m kidding they are still a pain, but you get my point). I don’t know about everyone else but all the work I put in everyday going up those stairs my legs better be flawless. #nofreshman15

2.“Today is nugget night at 921!!!”- Plan your Thursdays accordingly because if you go to 921 between 6:00 pm and 7:30 pm, you are stuck there for at least an hour. People go crazy for nuggets and curly fries. I have seen people trying to carry a plate full of nuggets from the buffet to their table with more determination than when I see them at the library doing their homework.

3.“What in the world is business casual?”- As Bentley students we are constantly hearing the term “Business Casual”, but what is that and can someone please explain it to me before I make a mistake?

4.“Are you going to the game tonight?…There is free…- Let’s admit it every time we hear of a home game the first thing we ask instead of asking who is Bentley playing against, we ask: “What are the giving out?” Yes, we also go to support our fellow Falcons, but sometimes we just need a little incentive.

5.“I’ll see you tonight!” “Oh no sorry I have a group meeting.” – If this hasn’t happened to you yet, it will happen. I’ve been at Bentley University one semester and this has happened to me at least 10 times already. Group projects are a pain and can be stressful, but I am sure some day we will thank our experiences in groups no matter how bad they were.

Spanish student at Bentley University Class of 2019. Lived at Caracas, Venezuela almost all my life. The oldest of five sisters.
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.