This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

It’s almost Thanksgiving time! Whether you’re staying on campus and hanging out with friends or going home for Thanksgiving, we have all the holiday crafts you need to make sure your Thanksgiving is a success!

Spruce up the room with some acorn centerpieces!

What you need:

Acorns

Acrylic paint

Paint brushes

Cookie sheet

Tin foil

Oven

What to do

1. As soon as you gather your acorns, wash and dry them.
  2. Then, you can put your acorns on a foil-lined cookie sheet and place in the oven on a low temperature (170˚). If you don’t have access to an oven on campus, you can always find a function room oven available in the Orchard North kitchen, the Forest kitchen, or the kitchen in Trees! Make sure you let your acorns cool.
  3. Grab some paint and paintbrushes and start painting the acorns a mix of different colors. You can also add different designs to spruce up your acorns even more. You can choose whether or not you want to paint the caps of the acorn. Either way, your acorns will look great!
  4. Make sure you let your acorns dry, and then you can choose to put them in a Mason Jar, a vase, or other clear glass container to set either at your dinner table or around your dorm room!
Decorate some gourds and leftover Halloween pumpkins!

If you still have some pumpkins leftover from Halloween and want to decorate your space with pumpkins and gourds for Thanksgiving, this easy tutorial is perfect for you!

What you need

Acrylic paint

Paint brushes

Glitter

Elmer’s Glue

Newspaper

What to do:

1. Cover your workspace with newspaper
  2. Look up some gourd and pumpkin design ideas on Pinterest.
  3. Choose some that best fit your Thanksgiving theme and start painting!
  4. You can also use glitter to decorate your gourds and pumpkins.
  5. Make sure you let your finished pumpkins and gourds dry, and then set them up around your house or dorm room!

1 / 2

Allison Weed

Bentley '20

Allison Weed is a senior at Bentley University. She is majoring in Marketing with minors in Information Design and Corporate Communication, and International Affairs. She is the President and Campus Correspondent of the Bentley University Her Campus Chapter.