Tammie Vicente ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Name: Tammie Vicente

Graduation Year: 2014

Major/Minor/LSM: Computer Information Systems Major with an English Minor.

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Inside Details

What would be your dream job?

Honestly?  I’d love to write books for a living. I also wouldn’t mind starting my own tech business and rolling in millions billions of dollars.

Favorite place in the world: New Zealand.  New Zealand is basically heaven on earth.  I mean, they shot the Lord of the Rings there.

If the Mad Falcon/Yella’s named a sandwich after you, what would it be called?  El Fuego Pequeno: the little sub that packs a fiery wallop. 

Love, Love, Love

Describe your dream date: I’m particularly fond of rock-climbing or ice skating, then dinner at a fantastic restaurant. Last, but definitely not least, dessert at a different restaurant and intellectual conversation under the stars.

Either that, or a women’s soccer game featuring the US Women’s National Team and the New Zealand Women’s National Team.

What is your favorite pick up line?

Will you be my wing (wo)man?  (It worked, somehow).

What do you look for in a significant other? 

Blonde, soccer player, intelligent. 

Bentley Life

Best Class you’ve taken:  All of my English classes.  (See?  I’m a hopeless romantic English major at heart.)  Namely “Novel” with Dr. Diane Moul and anything with Dr. Cook.  Working at the Writing Center with Greg Farber-Mazor has been a 3-year long life lesson.  In a good way!

Favorite Bentley memory or experience: Oh man, there’s way too many.  Going to New Zealand with my NASE class.  Johanna Lohman, an out pro- women’s soccer player, spoke here once – that was amazing.  My roommates and I always had a great time.  Being the President of PRIDE for most of my time here gave me so many incredible experiences, and I once made a fort under my bed in Junior year.  Honestly, I can’t pick just one, and I’m sure I’m missing plenty.

Advice to freshmen: Okay, here we go.  So almost everyone will tell you to get involved, to get involved right away, and to get involved some more.  As someone who did that, I’d advise you not to get involved.  Go to events, go to meetings – that’s great.  But don’t commit to an eboard or an organization too soon, and don’t try to get involved in everything.  Take it easy!  Enjoy your college years!  Get some sleep, make friends!  You will get a job once you graduate whether or not you got onto so-and-so’s eboard during your freshman year.  Find what you’re passionate about, take as much time as you need, and when you find that thing that makes your heart start racing, dive in, and go for it!  Be yourself, do your thang, and most of all, don’t be afraid.

Olivia is a senior at Bentley University studying Information Design and Corporate Communication. On campus, she is an Admission Fellow and Peer Facilitator for Bentley’s First Year Seminar program, as well as Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Bentley. In her spare time, Olivia enjoys reading, writing, spending time with family and friends, traveling, and going to Disney World (she’s obsessed).