This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Finding the perfect spot to get work done can be difficult. During this strange time, some of you may not want to spend more time in the dorms than necessary. This article offers up many ideas to go on campus whether it is to do homework, study, or even take online classes. 

1. The Library

While this may be obvious, it is still important to list. The library offers up multiple floors full of study spaces including desks, private study rooms, and computers. I recommend taking some time to explore the library to find a spot that meets your needs. Also, this is probably a good time to mention the easy access to Einstein’s!!

2. The Greenspace

If you enjoy the outdoors, give the greenspace a try! Grab a towel or blanket and set out with a sweatshirt or light jacket, especially as we head into the cooler months. This area allows students to be able to spread out, meet up, and get focused in a beautiful setting. 

3. Empty Lecture Halls

Due to the limited number of in-person classes, many lecture halls and classrooms are going unused for the entirety of the first semester. So, if you are looking for a quiet place to go, check out an empty room. You can find a list of some of these rooms here: Student study spaces_8-31-20 (2).docx

4. Residence Hall Lounges

Many of the residence halls have lounge areas on the bottom floor. These spaces are especially great for when you do not want to study in your dorm but leaving the residence hall is too much. Note that these spaces are very limited because of COVID-19 precautions. 

5. Student Center

The student center contains tons of spots to work. From study rooms to big tables to comfy chairs, it has it all. And don’t forget that Dunkin’, 921 and Harry’s for late nights are all there too…

6. Picnic Tables

Just about every outdoor spot on campus has a picnic table just a few steps away. To name a few: outside the Student Center, Dana Athletic Center, LaCava, Einstein’s, Smith and Adamian. I recommend doing some work outside when the weather is good. 

7. Dana Athletic Center

With easy access to the much-loved Currito, the Dana center is also a great study spot. Being a bit of a walk from upper campus, the center has been quiet lately. The dining area is typically empty, and the second floor has a few couches and tables that have also been going unused recently. 

8. Private Study Rooms

As mentioned throughout this article, there are a ton of study rooms scattered in buildings across campus. While most are found in the library and can be reserved, others are found in places like LaCava and the student center. 

I hope these suggestions can help some of you find your place to be successful here at Bentley University. Find your spot and get motivated!! 

Amanda Carlino Freshman at Bentley University Major: Undecided, but leaning towards Marketing Hobbies: anything and everything outdoor... hiking, skiing, kayaking, you name it!
Melissa is President and Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at Bentley University.  She is a senior majoring in Marketing and minoring in Spanish and Psychology.  Melissa studied abroad in Sevilla, Spain!  In her free time, she loves to read, write, play tennis, volunteer, and spend time with family and friends.  You'll usually find her exploring new places and restaurants and then writing articles about them!