Stephanie’s Pinterest Picks of the Week: Holiday Goodies Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Happy Monday, collegiettes! This week’s Pinterest Picks article is full of holiday goodies! There are cookies, candies, cocktails and even healthy snacks! Are you making a special holiday treat this year? Is there a great holiday snack you think I should know about? Let me know in the comment section below!

My first pins are all about holiday cookies. Looking for a change-up from the usual gingerbread people? Look to Stephanie from Under the Table and Dreaming for some inspiration! She created a list of 100 Christmas Holiday Cookie Ideas and I guarantee you will find a recipe that satisfies any sweet tooth. Pictured above are the red velvet shortbread cookies. How good do they look?

[pagebreak]

Whenever I make a pie, I always use the extra crust to make cinnamon-sugar bites in the oven. However, the extra dough never seems to make enough! It wasn’t until I saw this pin from Munchkin Munchies that I realized I should just use a whole crust and make Pie Fries. These sweet treats could not be easier to make and they are a delicious treat to eat with jam, frosting or just by themselves!

For more twists on traditional holiday goodies try:

Gingerbread Cake Balls from The Cookie Crumbles

Waffle Iron Cookies from The Better Baker

Rolo Stuffed Snickerdoodles from Rachel Schultz

[pagebreak]

Still looking for something sweet? Martha Stewart shares 27 easy and homemade candy recipes! There is a candy for every holiday activity– a tray of vanilla fudge for a family celebration or a mountain of popcorn balls for movie night!  These candies also make great gifts. Place the foolproof fudge in a box with patterned tissue paper and a large ribbon and you have a treat that’s delicious and adorable! Who doesn’t love getting sweets?

Need additional candy gift ideas? Try these Candy Cane Marshmallow Pops from Liv Life—you can pair them with a jar of hot chocolate mix!

[pagebreak]

The holidays would not be complete without festive drinks. Jingle Juice, anyone? MyRecipes shares their list of 20 Terrific Holiday Cocktails and they are certain that the colorful concoctions “will put you in good spirits”. On the list you can find Rudolph’s Tipsy Spritzer, Frozen Cranberry Margaritos and more. Enjoy your drinks, collegiettes, but please celebrate responsibly. We all know what happened to grandma when she had too much eggnog that one time…

[pagebreak]

Looking for a healthier option to bring to a holiday party? Try this Vegetable Wreath recipe from Taste of Home. The recipe was submitted by Edna Hoffman who says “Vegetables and dip are a mainstay at most holiday parties. I like to dress up this appetizer by cutting vegetables into festive shapes and arranging them as a wreath. It’s a nice conversation piece.”

How about a broccoli tree? Living Locurto shares the recipe for two different tree arrangements—complete with ornaments! Check it out in their 10 Creative Vegetable Trays post! 

I am a Bentley University senior majoring in Marketing with a LSM in Media, Arts and Society. I make gluten-free goodies all too frequently and my favorite place in the world is the top of a mountain with my skiis on. I have an addiction to chocolate, Alice in Wonderland and laughing with my roommates. 
Kathryn Burgner is a member of the class of 2013 at Bentley University and is majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications, with minors in Marketing and Gender Studies. Kathryn is so excited to be a part of the Her Campus team and be the founder of Her Campus Bentley! Kathryn loves going to school near Boston, but she also loves her hometown of Dalton, MA, where she grew up in the Berkshires on a turkey farm. Kathryn loves singing, acting, dancing ballet, baking, & playing volleyball, and is interested in gender issues, fashion, and health & fitness. She is a founding member of the Masters of Bentley Acappella (MBAs) and enjoys being involved with the Women's Center at Bentley, Alpha Psi Omega Honorary Theatre Society, and Resident Assistance at Bentley. Kathryn aspires to work as an editor, social media professional, or marketing design professional in Boston, MA after her experiences at Bentley! Kathryn would like to thank her family and friends for their love and support towards all of her experiences and dreams.