Spring Break Ready? Try Death by Kayla

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

If you are looking for a workout to prove to yourself how out of shape you are, then Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide is for you. Don’t let the name fool you, it’s no joke. After I did the first workout over the course of one week, which consisted of legs and cardio, it only took three minutes until I was crippled by soreness that lasted an entire week.

BBG is a circuit workout, two sets of 4 exercises that you repeat as many times as possible in 7 minutes, three days a week for 12 weeks. You do each set twice, it’s a short 28 minute workout but I promise you it’s as though time stops when you are doing it.  You may think “oh yeah I can totally do this! I go to the gym all the time” no bro, you’ll seriously re-evaluate your life after every single workout. To make matters worse, there are 6 different weeks worth of workouts, so your body is always guessing (and I’ll give you a hint…. They definitely don’t get easier).

Just give this a try and you’ll begin to understand the struggles

Don’t get me wrong, I was relieved when I finished the last workout in week 12, but looking back on my experience, I would and probably will do it again. It’s quick and easy, and can be done in your dorm room! But to my Bentley girls, make sure you allot at least an extra half hour to make it up the stairs when walking to class, you’ll need it. Might not be able to raise your arms some days either so hit your Prof’s with an email letting know Kayla got to you but you still tryna get that participation. Oh also prepare for the fact that you will be starving more often than not since your metabolism goes through the roof, so invest in snacks if you wanna give BBG a try, Seasons absolutely won’t cut it.

Though Kayla almost killed me and exploited nearly all of my physical weaknesses, I loved it. It was harder than getting a seat in Cava during the lunch rush, but I became much more mentally tough, I felt more empowered after every workout I conquered, and saw physical results. 

I know its rough, but here’s my before and after. It’s not super drastic but the confidence gained is worth it.

So if you’re trying to get spring break ready, summer ready or just looking to find more confidence – consider BBG, Kayla might almost kill you but if you finish it, you’ll come out with killer confidence.

Check out Kayla’s website for more info! – http://www.kaylaitsines.com/

Photo source: http://www.filleafitness.com/jai-teste-kayla-itsines-the-guide/

A sophomore transfer student that couldn't be more in love with bentley
Hi, my name is Molly! I'm currently the Co-President and a Campus Correspondent for Bentley University's HC chapter.