Rob DeLeo, Lecturer of Global Studies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bentley chapter.

Her Campus Bentley (HCB): How long have you been teaching Political Science?

Rob Deleo (RD): This is my second year at Bentley. As far as teaching goes, I started teaching at Northeastern University when I was working on my Doctorate as a TA, so for about 5 years.

HCB: What have you done as far as speeches, seminars and lectures outside of Bentley?

RD: Last summer, I spoke at the International Political Science conference in Madrid, Spain to talk about public health policy. This summer, I will be going to Grenoble, France. I’ve been to Dublin, Ireland to speak about policy as well. I’ve been all around the United States too.

HCB: What is your favorite part about teaching at Bentley University?

RD: The students— hands down. I really respect the student philosophy at Bentley and I think students are very interested in not only theoretical material, but also how it applies. They want to make a measurable impact on the world. So for me having been able to come here at time when we’re creating a public policy major, it’s great to have it match my own philosophy.

HCB: Where did you go to college?

RD: I did my undergrad at Framingham State, where I majored in political science with a minor in philosophy. I then did my Graduate at Northeastern University, where I got my Masters in Public Administration and my Doctorate in political science / public policy.

HCB: Describe yourself in three words…

RD: I would say hard-working, creative, and perceptive.

HCB: What would you like to see happen in the next ten to twenty years at Bentley?

RD: Personally, I would like to make tenor hopefully within the next 6 years, but beyond that, I would really like to see the Public Policy major grow and for Bentley to develop a reputation as one of the top Public Policy institutions in Massachusetts. Also, I would like to see not only strong students graduate from Bentley who can have an influence on a national and global level, but also to be able to create a strong and reputable network of scholars and teachers working here.

HCB: Last question, have you ever eaten at Seasons and, if so, what did you think of it?

RD: Actually yes, I have eaten at seasons! I took a lot of flak from students for admitting to that. I was here late one night for the International Film Series and Seasons was only open option and I actually ate the meat loaf. I went into class the next day and chided my students and when they heard what I ate there was a chorus of disapproval. I didn’t think it was bad. I could survive on bagels with Nutella.

Bentley senior majoring in Information Design & Corporate Communications with a minor in Entrepreneurial Studies. Chapter President for HCB. Third Door Media intern. Karate aficionado. Shonda Rhimes super fan.
Bentley University